xli.

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

-

"BABY BLUE TIE, REALLY?" Elijah rolls his eyes as I wrap the tie around his collar.

"Yes," I smile, "You're matching with my dress," I point to my baby blue gown once I'm done wrapping the tie around his collar.

"Mhm, guess that's the only good thing about dressing up," he murmurs, brushing his thumb over his sharp jaw as he lowers his gaze to me.

"So what's the bad thing about dressing up?" I arch an eyebrow at him as he wraps his hand around the side of my neck.

He moves his face closer to mine, brushing his lips against my ear, "Others are going to stare at you because look so damn beautiful. I have the urge to push you against the wall and kiss the hell out of you," he whispers, tracing his fingers down my arm.

He pulls his face away and I press my finger on his lips, smiling at him, "You can do whatever you want after the party. Right now, we have to attend the ceremony. Yes?"

The Parisian sunlight falls over his eyes, adding more glimmer to his eyes, "Mhm, oui."

I smile, "Damn, I got myself a secondhand French boyfriend. My family will be so proud of me," I let out a laugh, patting his shoulder.

"Since when do you care about what your family says? Pretty sure you cursed them all out the other day," he arches an eyebrow at me, tilting his head as a smile breaks out on his lips.

Damn him for knowing everything.

"Well, I don't live to satisfy other people's expectations," I shrug at him, throwing him a smile.

I hear my phone ring and I grab it from the bed, glancing at the caller.

I answer the call and smile, moving the phone to my ear, "Julien Clemonte, missed me?"

I knew that she rolled her eyes at me from the other end of the call, "A fucking ton, Adrianna. Just calling you to tell you that I have reserved you and your father some seats on the front pew in Sainte-Chapelle."

"Ah, about that. Dad couldn't attend so I brought my boyfriend along," I chuckle, glancing at Elijah.

I hear her let out a cough -once, twice- before she speaks again, "Boyfriend? Your bitch-ass finally got a man? Jaw-dropping news."

I roll my eyes at her words, "You're being dramatic, Julien."

She scoffs, "Dramatic? You glared at every fucking boy in East High. You loathed them so it is quite shocking."

"Mhm, right," I hum, "Are all of them attending the ceremony?" I change the topic before she started talking about the fights I had started in East High.