27

River's POV

Alex couldn't stay the night last night because his mum wanted him home for dinner with his nan, but it was also the worst night of my life.

I layed awake untill the sun came up just staring at the wall, I had cried so hard that I ran out of tears by 1, I could never admit that to anyone though I don't want anyone thinking I'm a wuss or anything.

"River..." I look up at the door to see my brother

"Hey..." I mumble quietly I am so exhausted

"I heard what mum said yesterday... Are you okay?" I nod gently even tho I'm not I don't want to worry him I know he is probably already stressed about himself

"Yeah.... I just need some time I think.... I'm gonna go for a run"

"Ok..." He sighs and walks back to his room and I finally roll out of bed and into the bathroom. I feel disgusting and I look it too. The Dark circles under my eyes make me look like a panda and my blotchy skin is not bringing my self esteem up at all, but I guess this is what happens when you stay up all night crying.

But I've decided as hard as it is I'm not going to waste anymore time on her. I wash my face,teeth and hands, I do my hair and get dressed, I'm not going for a run I'm going to my BOYFRIEND'S house where my boyfriend lives who I am dating who is a boy.

I put on his red sweatshirt and a pair of black and white plaid trousers and my vans before making my way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey bud" I scruff willows hair as I walk past to the fridge.

"How are you so...normal ?" He looks almost as bad as I did 15 minutes ago

"I've just decided not to waste anymore time on someone who doesn't love me" he lets out a small smile and sits up straight and continues to eat his breakfast.

"Right I'm going to my boyfriend's house I'll be back later stay safe and don't do anything dumb or messy"

"Okay" he laughs as I walk off and out the door.

I quickly text Alex just cause I don't want to show up unannounced, he doesn't live very far away so I only walk like 8 or 10 minutes and I'm there.

I knock on the door and wait, but for some reason I'm nervous and I don't know why, I've never been nervous to see him before why now?

I quickly check my hair in the reflection of the glass before it opens.

" Oh river come in, I think he's just in the shower, you can wait in his room if you want"

" Oh okay" I smile and make my way to his room quietly, he doesn't know I'm here, I wait on his bed for five minutes before the water turns off.

The bathroom door opens and I look up.

"Woah" I mumble accidentally

" Oh my god! River holy shit you scared me, I didn't know you were here"

"Yeah..I uh I messaged you and your mum let me in" he's stood Infront of me with a grey towel loosely wrapped around his waist, his hair wet and dangling over his forehead.

I crawl to the end of the bed and look at him, a smirk appears on his face

" What?" He whispers moving closer

"You're gorgeous" he continues to move towards me untill my hands sit on his waist and he leans down and kisses me, I can't believe what is in front of me right now.

"Thankyou baby" my stomach fills with butterflies when he calls me that name, they get worse when he pushes me onto my back and crawls on top of me and kisses down my neck

"Schools out" what?

"So?"

"You're mum's gone away"

"Yeah?" I have no idea what he's talking about but his voice has never turned me on more in my life.

" Means I can leave marks" he begins sucking at my neck and grabbing at my hips.

" fUcK, aLeX" I moan lightly causing him to moves his hand further down to fiddle with my waist band. My body fills with warmth as he does what he's doing, my legs begin to tingle and my eyes roll back, everything just feels so right

"Oh my god!" Alex shoots up and turns around to see his mum stood at the door wide eyed, Noone says anything we all just look at each other.

"I knew it " she laughs..... She laughs?

"What?" I ask

"I knew there was more to you too, I could tell by how Alex acts around you or talks about you" my heart flutters, I turn to Alex who's face has gone the deepest shade of red I've ever seen.

"You can go now mum" he mumbles looking down embarrassed, she just laughs and leaves.

"Naw you're so cute" I tease him

"Shut up" he laughs throwing a pillow at me

"Neverrr" I throw the pillow back and climb on top of him and hold him down

"Admit it!"

"Admit what" he fights back but I keep him down.

"That you're cute" we wrestle for like 3 minutes before he gives up and falls limp to the bed.

"Fine..... I"

" Am cute" I finish his sentence and look at him waiting for him to say it but he doesn't

"Say it Alex or I'll have to keep fighting you"

"Okay okay i.... I . I love you" oh my. My mouth turns up and my eyes hook onto his, I can't say anything I'm just so shocked and filled with emotions, I can feel the tears bringing at my eyes but I don't want to let them free I'm not a baby

"I love you" escapes my mouth quietly without realising it's like I just subconsciously knew.

He smiles and pulls me into his arms we stay like this for about an hour just wrapped up in each other.