30

Rivers POV

Mum comes home tomorrow and I haven't sorted anything out, Alex is alseep so I just lay and stare at the wall I can't think of anything, I literally have nowhere to go, if I moved in with Dad I would have to travel really far to get to school and see my friends/brother but I don't want to stay with Alex, burdening his family like that makes me feel sick.

I have no other options, I climb out of bed and go wash my face and brush my teeth and hair before going to the kitchen.

I'm leant against the counter wearing Alex's jumper with my phone in my hand, I stare at it for a few minutes before hitting call....... It rings ...... Twice .....three times......and four before it picks up

" Hello?"

"Uh hiya Dad"

" Oh River! How are you son"

"Yeah good.. actually not really"

"Oh what's wrong mate"

"Well uh mum saw a picture of Alex and I and uh we were kissing, i don't know how she found it but she did and before she left for her work trip she told me she didn't want me to be here when she gets back and ..and I don't know where to go dad, I'm sure Alex would take me in for sure but I wouldn't want to do that to his family or anything and my only other option is you but you're so far away from school and everything so I'm so stuck... Dad I don't know what to do"

"Are ya fucking kidding me ! And that woman calls her self a mother. I can't believe this shit. Boy you are always welcome here and really it's not that far it would be a twenty minute bus ride to school and you could stay at Alex's every now and then if you've got a test the next day or something and your brother can always come and stay sometimes if he would like. It's gonna be alright lad don't work yourself up about it alright youve got so many people in your life that care it doesn't matter what she thinks is right and hey you could always stay there when she goes away cause that's quite regular yes?"

"It is yeah like every other week ... And thankyou so much dad this has really helped and I didn't realise how close you were"

"Yeah.... I'm sorry for not showing up for you or anything"

"It's alright Dad you told me last time and I get it you didn't want to intrude or ruin anything on us, but thankyou"

"Alright mate do you need me to pick you up this afternoon?

"Uh if you could maybe 5-530?"

" No problem, I'll see ya then alright "

We say goodbye and that's all, I feel so weird about this. I hadn't seen my dad in years before his visit and now I'm moving in with him.

He seems pretty cool though but I'm more nervous to tell Alex that I'm leaving and not moving in with him.

I would love to move in with my boyfriend but I don't want to add another person to his families house hold and then put more on our relationship we're still only kids and if that ruined our relationship I would feel so so shit

"Babbyyyyyyyyyyyy" Alex calls from my bed

"Yeah Bub?" I call back

"Come back to beddd" he's so cute and I can't resist so I quietly sneek upstairs and to the door, as soon as we make eye contact he gets all giddy and holds out his hands making grabby gestures

"Hehe hi Alex " I giggle as I crawl into bed

"Not Alex, bubba" he makes a grumpy face which is the cutest thing ever.

"Oh okay " I laugh again and climb up and sit on his lap

" Good morning bubba " I kiss him on the nose.

"When does your mum get back" my stomach drops ...
"Uh... Tomorrow" I can feel his mood change from bubbly to angry and sad.

"I uh ... I spoke to my dad ..." He sits up on his elbows

"What? Why!?" I can see the shock and confusion on his face

"I'm moving in with him... He's picking me up at 530"

"River no!!" He sits up properly now and moves me of him.

"Just...just no ! " His eyes start to well up

"Baby ..." His face drops as he looks at me.

"You can come live with me ..." A single tear rolls down his cheek I've never seen him so vulnerable

"Alex I can't do that to your family I don't want to put that on them and then an extra stress on us... It's not that far and I can always come stay with you some nights and here when mums away... Maybe you can stay with me some nights.... It's only a 20 minute bus ride" I hold his hand but I can see he doesn't agree with me

" River 🥺" his face breaks my heart

" Baby no don't cry" I climb into his lap and curl into his chest

"It's gonna be fine" my lips press against his ear as I gently whisper to him and squeezes me hard like he's scared I'm gonna dissapear, but I'm not... Ever.