why?

"why?". i ask myself. i ask myself why am i still standing i want to give up. the darkness slowly becomes a place where my thoughts become worse. the thoughts scream at me. tell me all sorts of horrible things. they scream and yell until i can't breathe. they continue on to criticise me even after i've begged them to stop. i ask myself "why". why do i let them do this to me? why do i always let them win? why do i always change myself because my thoughts said so? why do i cry over the thoughts that i presumed would be the things that stopped me crying? why are the thoughts so mean to me ? so many questions i ask myself. never getting a clear answer as my thoughts just continue to talk bad about me. "what have i done to them for them to do this to me ? " i'll never know. the thoughts don't want me to know. they'll continue to make me doubt them until i fully fear them. until i fully let them take over. until i let them have what they've been wanting all along. control. control of my mind. control of my body. control of my decisions. control over how i live my life. they have this control already so why are they fighting so hard for it ? maybe they don't realise that i've given up fighting or maybe they do it for fun. one thing i know is that the voices i once thought were supposed to comfort me. invaded my safe place and now continue down this path to destroy me. and all i can ask is "why?"