.6.

after lunch, the boys and the girl quickly made their way out of the dining hall and out to the grounds in hope to find mr keating

once spotting the man, the boys tried calling out to him as he whistled the 1812 overture. perhaps that was his favorite tune.

"oh captain, my captain?" neil and olivia asked both at the same time. they looked over at each other with a smile.

"great minds think alike. afternoon, gentlemen and lady." mr keating said as he turned around right after the two called him by the 'bold nickname'.

"we were just lookin' through your old annual." neil told the man, handing him the book.

"oh god, no, that's not me. stanley
"the tool" wilson-" he laughed crouching down and continued looking through the book.

neil crouched down next to mr keating and questioned him, "what was the dead poets society?"

"i doubt the present administration would look too favorably upon that." the man said with a stifled laugh.

"why not, sir? what was it?" olivia asked, crouching beside neil, glancing at the book and back at their teacher.

"alright, can you all keep a secret?" questioned mr keating and they all nodded.

the other boys crouched down around mr keating. "the dead poets were dedicated to sucking the marrow out of life. that's a phrase from thoreau that we'd invoke at the beginning of each meeting. see we'd gather at the old indian cave and take turns reading from thoreau, whitman, shelley; the biggies. even some of our own. in the enchantment of the moment we'd let poetry work its magic." he explained.

"it sounds amazing. it was just reading poetry and hanging out?" olivia questioned and mr keating nodded.

"sure as hell was. we were romantics. we didn't just read poetry, we let it drip from our tongues like honey. spirits soared, women swooned, and gods were created, gentlemen, not a bad way to spend an evening eh? thank you mister perry for this trip down amnesia lane. burn that, especially my picture." he said and handed the annual back before getting up and walking away, whistling once again.

the group stood up as the school bells begun ringing and everyone headed back towards the school.

"i say we go tonight." neil said turning to the group.

"tonight?" charlie asked as he looked at neil.

"wait a minute." cameron spoke but everyone basically ignored him.