.8.

the group spent the next few minutes laughing and talking before neil decided to say a scary story

"hey, don't scare the lady too much." charlie teased.

"i don't get scared, charlie." olivia scoffed.

"oh sure, earlier says otherwise." he laughed, nudging the girl with his shoulder.

"i mean by stories. besides, earlier was a different story." she said, fixing the position which she sat in.

"okay! anyways..." neil said stopping the twos conversation. he turned on his flashlight and turned it to is face. "it was a dark and rainy night, and this old lady, who had a passion for jigsaw puzzles, sat by herself in her house at her table to complete a new jigsaw puzzle. as she pieced the puzzle together, she realized to her astonishment, that the image that was formed was her very own room. the figure in the center of the puzzle, as she completed it, was herself. and with trembling hands, she placed the last four pieces and stared in horror at the face of a demented madman at the window. the last thing that this old lady ever heard was the sound of breaking glass." he said and the group laughed saying 'oh noo'. "this is true."

"i've got one that's even better than that." cameron insisted which made charlie chuckle. "i do. there's a young, married couple and they're driving through the forest at night on a long trip. and they run out of gas, and there's a madman on the.."

"ah bullshit, i've heard that from my uncle." olivia said and the boys agreed with her and they all spoke talking about how there was a scraping on the car.

"yeah, the thing with the hand." charlie recalled.

"i love that story." cameron said to the group.

"i told you that one." charlie huffed.

"you did not. i got that in camp in sixth grade." he argued with charlie.

"when were you in six, last year?" he asked cameron and the group laughed.

once everyone calmed down and remained silent again, pitts began reading from the book.

"in a mean abode in the shanking road, lived a man named william bloat. now, he had a wife the plague of his life, who continually got his goat. one day at dawn, with her nightshift on, he slit her bloody throat." pitts read and they all laughed. "oh, and it gets worse."

"you want to hear a real poem?" charlie asked and meeks handed the book to charlie but he shoved it away. "all right? no, i don't need it. you take it."