.19.

olivia and neil quickly walked into the dining hall and over to the boys who were in the back

"neil, neil please! i don't want you going to military school." olivia said as she tried to catch up with him.

"god damn, who's side are you on now?!" neil asked turning around to the female, frustration running through his words which shocked olivia. neil was almost always calm. he'd said the same to todd earlier and he was just as taken back as olivia but he didn't show it much.

"neil, you know i'm on yours. i don't want you out of welton, i'd hate to see your empty desk every freaking day while i'm here." she said and the boy shook his head.

"it's not gonna happen because i'll just persuade my father. it'll be alright, just trust me! i need to act in the play. i need to." he said before turning back around and walking to the boys.

"what was that all about?" meeks questioned as the two sat down.

"neils father is a prick." she said, splitting the garlic bread from her plate in half, dipping it in the pasta sauce before taking a bite. "figured out about the play and is being a douche." she said with her mouth slightly full.

"yeah... he's threatening to send me to military school. i'll just put up with it... or bribe him to let me stay here. i don't know." neil sighed and the boys all complained calling his father names.

"hey, hey, hey! we haven't gotten permission yet to eat or even prayed. this isn't fair." charlie said, hitting the bread out of olivia's hand.

"charlie!" she groaned, looking at the boy who sat to the right of her. "i'm starving."

"yeah well i'm not gonna let you get the big talk by nolan am i?" he asked and she sat back in her seat with a huff.

when they prayed and were told to eat, olivia quickly sat down and moved her chair in, eating her food right away.

"slow down, slow down." charlie laughed and the other boys looked at her laughing.

"jesus christ, i've never seen even charlie be that excited to eat." pitts said and the group laughed once again.

"yeah, i haven't had food all day." olivia mentioned and they all looked at the girl concerned

"why not?" they all asked.

"i don't know, loss of appetite i guess." she shrugged before going back to eating.