.20.

once charlie told her they arrived at the spot he wanted to take her to all along, they got off their bikes and placed them to the side

it was a small park with a frozen lake, people walking around, a lot of trees that had fresh snow on them, the sun was just setting with colors of purple, pink and a hint of orange, there places to sit and people caroling out in the snow.

"so.. what do you think?" charlie asked as he tucked his hands in his pants pockets.

olivia smiled softly as she looked around. "it's beautiful, charlie." she said with a smile, spinning in a circle as she looked around.

"i'm glad you like it. i was going to go with the movies but i thought what kinda freaking date goes on where you can't talk you know?" charlie spike to the girl, holding one of his hands out, which olivia gladly took in her hand.

olivia couldn't help but nod in agreement. "yes, that's true. i like movies but it's not exactly... ideal for a date. especially not for us, we just talk twenty four seven now don't we?"

"yes, we truly do. there's no filter on either of us. i don't think we'd make it through ten minutes of silver. let's face it, we're never gonna make it." charlie said, swinging their arms back and forth like a child would do to their mother if they were walking together.

"i wanna make it but clearly that isn't happening like ever in my life." she laughed. as she looked around, she spotted a playground and tugged on charlie's arm as she quickly began walking towards it.

"okay, okay! i'm coming!" he laughed, being almost dragged by the female.

"i used to always go to this playground with my old friends. it's a magnet for me. somehow i always used to find my way back here." she smiled, letting go of charlie's hand and rushing over to the swing set. she wiped off the cold snow from the seat before taking a seat on the swing on the right.

she had a wide smile on her face as she looked around. memories flashing in her head as she glanced over to a tower that had a firemen pole attached to get down.

"tag! you're it!" yelled a small girl with a giggle. a sort of giggle that you hear and instantly get kid fever.

"hey! i was tying my shoe!" another young girl said with a pout as she stood up. "i'm gonna get you!" she squealed as she ran after the other.

eight year old olivia stood up on the firemen pole tower as she over looked the playground. she had a smile on her face, an innocent smile, just as she was. she was pure, not have gone to a private school yet either. her future wasn't already planned and she never expected herself to be thrown into one hell of a private boarding school.

"olivia, i'm gonna get you, i'm coming up!" the young girl who was it yelled, climbing up a small latter and young olivia turned around and let out a scream.

"no you're not!" she exclaimed, quickly going to run to jump onto the pole. she missed, falling straight into the mulch playground and let out a weak cry for help as the wind entirely knocked out of her. she felt like she couldn't breathe.

"help! i-i-i can't bre-breathe." she panicked and was only making it worse.

"liv, you alright?" charlie asked, placing a hand on her shoulder and olivia snapped out of her train of thought.

"huh? oh! yeah, i'm fine. just... thinking, remembering." she smiled.

that was the last time she'd ever been up on that tower and she told herself she'd never go back up there again. she was traumatized and didn't want it to happen again. ever.

"you positive?" he asked, just to make sure that she was alright. "you seemed to pick up on some heavy breathing there and spaced out for a few minutes."

"yeah, i'm sorry about that.. just a simple bad memory from when i fell.. nothing to worry about." olivia reassured charlie and he nodded. "i never expected myself to be sitting back here and be flooded with tons of memories, good and bad."

"ah, do tell about it." charlie said, interest sparking in his words as he swung ever so slightly using his feet on the snowy ground.

olivia chuckled, looking away from him and at her feet. "eh, it's not something i like to talk about, you'd end up laughing at me most likely."

"aw, come on, please? i swear i won't laugh." he begged with a pout on his face.

she looked to the side at him and smiled. "hm, no. all you need to know is i fell and busted my ass." she lied straight through her teeth.

she didn't want to lie to charlie, but it wasn't like he was going to know anyways. he would never get the truth out of her. that event was a memory locked up in her mind, and was always going to be locked up in her mind. it was stupid and she could've told him right away, but it simply traumatized the poor girl and she wanted nothing more of it.

"huh alright then... i don't see what's so bad about sharing a story." he sighed.

"bad memories, bad outcome." she said. it was true, she was in a back brace for a week because she had gotten minor damage to her back, luckily not her spine. "sorry, charlie..."

"the names nuwanda." he reminded with a grin.

"well, it's charlie to me." she laughed, looking back to the side at him.

the boy got up and stood in front of her, holding his hands out. "okay, lets go walk." he told her and she nodded, taking his hand and standing up.

and so the two did as such. they walked around, talking about the little things and about their favorite things.

they got hot chocolate and olivia would always laugh at charlie whenever he would take a sip and burn the roof of his mouth. but she was sure to remind him she wasn't laughing at him, she was laughing around him just like mr keating once said.

once the sun had finally set, the two decided it was probably best if they went back to the school. after all, the boys were probably loosing their shit not knowing where they both were. probably expected them to be in a janitors closet making out or something on the lines of that.

the two rode their bikes back to the school, and once arriving back they put them in the bike rack and walked inside the warm building.

the two laughed as they walked through the hallway, talking about what happened. it was defiantly never going to get out of their heads, they felt like they could laugh and swoon about what happened for ages. telling the boys about the date if they ever even wanted to explain in detail would probably take ages to explain.
~~

A/N:
1202 words!
this chapter was cute 🥺🥺

i totally didn't update three times bc like. why not. HAHA anyways, there's like 10 more chapters left of this book and idk how to feel