Chapter Six

Madison stared down at her toes as they sat in the meeting with principal Dawson. He seemed annoyed with the whole situation at hand. It was after school and there were three angry parents sitting in front of him along with his students. Ember being one of them shocked him. He'd never had a problem out of her.

"Well principal Dawson, I'm afraid for my daughters safety." Madison's mother, Connie said.

"We understand that it was a debate but it shouldn't have gone that for. My son has been receiving death threats on social media from people all over the world." Cody's father, Brad said.

"I'm not understanding why my daughter has to attend this meeting because all she did was state facts. She said what she said and it's their business what they do with that information. It's not like she threatened them." Sahara spoke up for Ember.

"Your daughter should have kept her mouth shut then maybe none of this would be happening." Connie said.

"What she got to be quiet for? It was a debate, bitch." Sahara told her not caring that the principal told them not to use profanity.

"Okay, please. Settle down." The principal said.

"Why on earth would your son say some stupid shit and call black people terrorists. I should be afraid for my daughters safety because Cody over there looks like he about to shoot up the school any minute now." Sahara continued.

"That's racist and you know it!" Brad pointed. His entire face had turned red just like Cody's. He wore his racism proudly with his confederate hat and a black shirt with the confederate flag printed on it.

"Lower your voice when you talking to me. I'll smack the shit out of you!" Sahara said.

"Mrs. Young please, violence is never the answer. Neither is racism." The principal looked between the parents.

"Things gone get real violent if they don't stop coming for my child." Sahara warned.

"I want that video to be taken down. It's messing with Madison's future of getting into a good college." Connie said.

"Who posted it? Ember did you post it?" Principal Dawson asked.

"No. I don't know who posted it." Ember answered truthfully.

"Probably Dante, I seen him with his phone out." Madison spoke up.

Ember rolled her eyes, and mumbled, "Snitch."

Principal Dawson nodded, "I will have a talk with every student in the class even the teacher. Cody and Madison can get their classes changed if they feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately I saw the video and Ember didn't say or do anything threatening. It was a debate and she expressed how she felt."

"That's bullshit. At least suspend her." Brad said.

"For what?" Sahara asked.

"That would be unnecessary. If you have any questions just give me a call and schedule another meeting." The principal stood to his feet.

"Is that it? You just going to drop the situation and my daughter is fearing for her life?" Connie asked.

"Oh please, Ember, let's go before I hurt this woman." Sahara stood up, grabbed her purse and escorted herself out with Ember behind her.

Ember walked outside with her mother who had been so heated.

"I can't believe I let them raise my blood pressure like that." Sahara shook her head.

"I wish you were there during the debate." Ember giggled. Her mother had always been a firecracker, ready to beat anyone's ass especially about her children.