Chapter Thirty-Two

The cool breeze blew through Ember's silky black hair as she followed behind her mother towards the mall. A smile was plastered on her face as she typed away on her phone. She was texting Adonis all morning while he was still at the gym. Since Ember was off tonight, so she finally had time to see the house. Ember had no clue how she was going to sneak out tonight, but she knew that her parents were going to go to bed early since they had a flight in the morning. It was a school night, yet Ember and Adonis did not really care as long as they spent time together.

"Come on Ember. You have been on that phone all morning. I hope that you are not texting these boys." Sahara said.

Ember sighed, "I'm coming."

"Give me that phone too."

Ember quickly locked her phone before her mother snatched it out of her hands. Sahara placed it inside of her purse before grabbing Ember's hand, pulling her across the parking lot. They were out for only a few hours and her mother's favorite spot was the mall while her father took Justin to get a haircut.

Every weekend, Sahara made sure to spend some quality time with Ember since she felt as if Ember hardly talked to her about anything anymore. She used to be open with both of her parents, but now everything was a secret and Sahara hated it.

"After this, we are going to get something to eat and then to the movies. This is our time to spend together as mother and daughter. I don't need your head in your phone the entire time." Sahara tells her.

"Mom, we have these dates every weekend." Ember blurted.

"Is there a problem with it?"

"No. I love spending time with you mom, but the whole time you are always down my throat about something. We can never have a regular conversation." Ember says finally speaking up for herself.

Sahara sighed because she knew that her daughter was right, "Okay, Ember. I'm sorry. From now on, I'm all ears."

Ember smiles a little. She loved her parents and wanted to be back on good terms with each of them. With her father, she knew that it would possibly take some time.

Once inside of the mall, they did quite a bit of shopping. They had even stopped by to visit Draya, but they could not stay long because her salon was booked, and they didn't want to be in the way.

Standing in the food court, Ember debated on what she wanted to eat. She had no clue, yet her stomach was growling so loud. Her mother was in the line already, getting sushi. The thought of seafood made Ember sick to her stomach. Some things just didn't agree with her and the baby.

"Ember. What a surprise that I ran into you."

Ember's eyes darted to the voice behind her. Her heartbeat sped up as she watched her mother near them as well.

"Mrs. McKnight." Were the only words that Ember could get out at the moment.

"In the flesh. I've been meaning to talk to you and now is the perfect time." Katrina's eyes followed Ember's and she smiled.

Bad timing. Ember could feel herself tearing up already because she just knew that Katrina was going to mention this to her mother.

"Katrina?" Sahara asked. The sound of her voice held a hint of coldness.

"Sahara."

There was a brief pause for a minute. Although it felt like minutes before Katrina cleared her throat and spoke up.

"I was just saying hello to Ember. I had no clue that you were with your mother. It's been so long; Sahara and we should catch up."

Sahara hesitated for a moment. Their friendship was ruined because of their husbands' beef. There was really no reason that there should be an issue between the two, "Well, Ember and I are just about to eat so you can join us at the table if you would like."