Chapter Twenty-Six

Light taps on the front door, disrupted Adonis's nap. Last night, he could not sleep for some odd reason. So, he was just up until six in the morning, watching UFC. Looking at the time on the wall, Adonis let out a sigh. It was nine in the morning and he was still sleep deprived.

The taps on the door continued. Standing, he allowed his feet to carry him to the door. Adonis peaked out the window before he opened the door, confusion written on his face.

"What you doing here?" He asked.

Madison stared up at him. Adonis's shirt was off, and he wore gym shorts. Her eyes roamed his body. It seemed as if she were in a daze. Those everyday work outs paid off.

"Huh?" Adonis proceeded.

"Paisley said that it would be okay for me to stop by." Madison explained.

Adonis kissed his teeth, "Paisley ain't even here. You can come back when she gets home."

"Do you know where she's at? If she's not far, I could wait."

Adonis knew that Paisley had left with his mother, so they would not be back anytime soon.

"Nah, Paisley not gone be back for a while. I'll let her know that you stopped by."

"Well, thank you."

Madison stood there awkwardly staring at his chest. Not waiting for her to walk away, Adonis closed the door. He always thought that Madison was weird, and she had just proved him right.

Jogging up the stairs, Adonis went up to his room. Checking the time once again. It was going on ten o'clock now and he needed to be at the gym.

After tending to his hygiene, he grabbed his gym bag and was on his way out the door.

He had not told his father about taking the fight with Brayden. Ricky would probably be against it, just like Nasir was. No, he was not thinking that he could beat everyone in the world because he couldn't. What he did have, was faith in himself.

Once he arrived at the gym, he was greeted by Genie. She was a street fighter who Ricky trained. She was not planning to go pro. Genie had not lost a fight yet.

In those street fights, they got real nasty. They fought without gloves, and they had no rules. The death toll from those fights were rising constantly.

Genie was a beast and she was never afraid. Malik was obsessed with her.

"Adonis, how have you been? Why haven't I been seeing you at the gym?" She asked.

"I'm straight, and I be here late at night when it's empty. How you been?"

"Getting ready for my fight tomorrow night. The hustle never stops." Genie says.

Adonis agreed, "You right about that."

"When you gonna come street fight one day? Get that adrenaline pumping and knock a nigga out." Genie said.

Fighting without gloves was more crucial than fighting with gloves. They fought with no enforced rules and Adonis knew that he could possibly get hurt or killed. Pro boxing had rules and a referee that knew how to stop the fight when it got too crucial. He would stick to that.

Adonis chuckled, "I'll let you handle that one Genie."

"When you change your mind, let me know." Genie tells him.

Adonis shook his head. He knew that he would never change his mind. Making his way to his father's office, he stood in front of the doorway and tapped on the door. Leaning his head inside, he could see Ricky sitting at his desk filling out forms.