Chapter Nine

Ember followed behind her mother, as they walked through the crowded mall

Ember followed behind her mother, as they walked through the crowded mall. Sahara had never been so aggravated in her life. People were walking so slow and cutting in front of her. The fact that it was a hot day didn't make anything any better. Her and Ember had a hair and nail appointment at her sisters salon that was located at the mall.

It seemed as if everyone's eyes were glued to Ember. She wore an olive green dress that fit her like a glove and a pair of Chanel sandals.

"Damn girl." A guy said as he stopped walking to get a better view of Ember's body. He had a salt-n-pepper beard giving away his elderly age.

"Come on here Ember." Sahara pulled her daughter faster through the crowd. "Damn shame. All these grown ass men checking out a sixteen year old. Should've wore something appropriate and where's your bra?"

"You don't wear a bra with this dress." Ember tells her mother. At least her nipples weren't poking or anything and the dress wasn't see through. Although she was petite, the summer dress just showed too much of her curves and Sahara didn't like it.

"Swear I'm going to go through your closet and get rid of anything like that." Sahara tells her as she pulled the door open to her sisters salon.

Ember rolled her eyes. She was getting tired of being treated as if she were a child. Inside of the salon, there was only one customer so Ember knew the wait wasn't going to be long. She sat in one of the waiting chairs while her mother went to the front desk.

Her boredom started to kick in. Forgetting that she didn't have her phone anymore, Ember sighed just as her mother sat beside her.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"Can I have my phone back?" Ember questioned.

Sahara shook her head, "You'd have to ask your father. He has it, not me."

"Am I going to be punished on my birthday because I want to have a party." Ember says sadly.

Sahara studied her daughter, "What kind of party?"

"A house party with kids from school." Ember said.

Sahara thought for a moment. Ember was growing up and it was going to be hard to accept that, but her and X had to. She wasn't going to be a kid forever.

"Is that what you want or did Namiko talk you into this?"

"This is what I want. Honestly it'll be the most fun I'll have since the only thing I do is go to school, work and back home." Ember tells her. It was the truth. Ember never did anything fun since her parents were strict. It was more her father than her mother.