Chapter Thirty

"I don't want to be in here." Paisley says as tears fell from her eyes.

Her parents and Adonis stared back at her through the computer screen. Since Adonis was not twenty-one, old enough to visit her, they video chatted through Skype. Paisley had been in Juvie for one full month. The judge ordered her to stay for two months while her parents had to pay fines.

"Everything is going to be okay, Paisley." Katrina assured her.

Paisley only cried harder, "No it's not. The guards in here don't like me. They tell me what to do when to go to bed and when to wake up. They lock me in my cell all day and we can only come out when they say so."

Adonis chuckled only causing Katrina to nudge him. He knew that Paisley was just being dramatic like she always was. Juvenile was not an environment that she was used to living in. Paisley expected to be babied on the inside. She wanted people to kiss her ass, yet things in jail were not going that way for her.

"Are they putting their hands on you?" Ricky asked.

That was their main concern. As long as no one was trying to hurt her, they knew she would be fine.

Paisley hesitated for a second, "Yes. One of the guards pushed me on the floor. They're bullying me in here, everyone."

Katrina looked over at her husband, "We have to report them to get her moved or something. Everything would have been okay with house arrest or even community service but not being locked away in Juvie with so many cruel teenagers and guards that doesn't give a shit about anyone."

Adonis studied her for a moment, before he stood to his feet. She was lying and Adonis knew it. It was clear that Paisley had not learned her lesson about lying. His parents would fall for it. They did every time. This was just the attention that she wanted from them so badly. It was working, yet those lies would catch up to her. They always did.

"Adonis, where are you going?" Katrina asked.

"Upstairs to my room." He tells them.

"You haven't even said anything to your sister."

"She doesn't want to talk to me."

"He's right I don't, fuck him." Paisley blurted.

"Paisley, watch your mouth." Katrina said.

"It's fuck me, Paisley. Remember that." Adonis tells her. When someone he loved said those words to him, he took it to heart. He felt as if they meant it. Adonis shook his head as he traveled up the stairs. The last time Adonis talked to her, she blamed him for running his mouth to Ember. He wasn't. Ember knew things that Adonis had no clue about.

None of this was his fault nor Ember's. It was nobody's fault but Paisley's.

Once he reached his room, his phone buzzed on the nightstand. It was a text from Ember.

Can you come over and pick up some pregnancy tests on your way here?

Adonis stared at the text for a moment, rereading it making sure that he was not seeing things. He had no clue why he was a little shocked by the text. He only responded with an okay. After getting dressed, he told his parents that he was going to the gym. As far as they knew, he was not seeing Ember anymore. They were sneaking around, constantly. He would go over and spend some nights with her or he would just sneak her inside.

The two of them went house searching just a couple of weeks ago. Adonis found one that he liked, but the inside was still being remodeled. He had already purchased it but could not move in until it was finished which wouldn't be long. He kept this from his parents, but he eventually would have to sit and talk to them about it. Adonis already knew that his mother was going to make the situation more complicated than what it had to be.