Chapter Eight

Adonis watched as his father, Ricky strapped his gloves on. Tonight there were so many people out attending the match. He'd never seen so many people come out. Maybe it was because they were rooting for Damien. Half of the people already knew Adonis and most of them were always rooting for him but tonight was different.

"How do you feel tonight?" Katrina asked while sitting next to her son. It was one of the first times she'd agreed to attend one of Adonis's fights. Blood flying always made her stomach queasy and her nerves were bad which was why she always stayed home.

Adonis felt like he did every match. Energetic and ready.

"I'm good." He tells her.

"Are you sure?" She questioned.

Adonis nodded his head. This was her millionth time asking him that same question. He could handle himself well out there and she had no reason to be concerned.

"He's well trained, Trina. Don't worry yourself." Ricky said.

"I seen Damien and he's kind of big." Katrina said.

Ricky chuckled, "Size never mattered. It's about your hands, your timing, and the studying of your opponents moves. There is no time to make mistakes. A fighter can always recover, and you'll never know what they're coming back with. Never turn your back. Stay light on your feet."

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see." Adonis finished.

Ricky proudly patted Adonis's shoulder, "Remember, stay focused."

Adonis nodded as he took a sip of water, "Pops, you gotta walk out with me. People gonna be happy to see you here."

Ricky shook his head, "I don't ever want to steal your moment son. I've had my time, it's yours now."

"Come on pops, just this once. You always stand outside or in the corner so nobody won't recognize you."

"We made it!" Malik shouted as he stepped inside of the locker room with his father, Rahman right behind him.

Adonis was quite happy because he hasn't seen his uncle in ages, "What's up uncle Rah? I can't believe y'all came."

Rahman chuckled as he embraced his nephew, "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

The moment Rahman heard that his nephew was fighting Ezra's son, he had to be there. There was bad blood amongst them and he wasn't going to let his brother be alone when they were present.

"The match is getting ready to start." Trisha says poking her head inside of the room.

"Pops, uncle Rah, y'all gotta walk with me. Come on." Adonis said.

Ricky shook his head because Adonis had been excited all night as if it were his first match. He didn't decline anymore, instead he just followed them out towards the crowded arena. There were so many screams and cheers once they realized that Adonis had his father and his uncle on his side.

In the front row, Ember couldn't help but to smile. She'd never seen Adonis so happy before. Her parents were sitting next to her, Justin on the other side of her father while she sat in between her mother and Namiko. Her other family member were sitting in the front as well.

Namiko sucked her teeth, "Adonis is a fucking show off. Look at that. He acting like this really professional."

Ember didn't respond to her as she watched Adonis get inside of the ring. His eyes landed on hers for a split second before they shot over to Damien's who was climbing inside of the ring. His father, Ezra stood next to him, giving him a pep talk.