Chapter Seventeen

The piece of paper slid from Adonis's hand, gliding across the tiled floor in the living room. The tears that he tried to fight slipped from his eyes. He quickly wiped his face with the back of his hand and swallowed the lump in his throat.

Being soft wasn't in his DNA. He refused to let anyone see him shed a tear. He always kept his feelings bottled up inside because it was hard to find someone that would understand him completely.

He was still in his room, an hour late to school, while his parents were away with Paisley so he was the only one home.

Adonis climbed to his feet, picking up the piece of paper, his eyes scanning over it again. It was just something that was so hard to believe. He's done so much for Sasha, and Jr in the past only to find out that Jr wasn't his son. It hurt his heart more than anything. Sasha must've gotten her results as well because she had been blowing up his phone for the past hour. Although he had questions that needed to be answered, he wouldn't be able to have a normal conversation with her without wanting to hurt her.

He took the paper to his parents room and placed it on the bed. Adonis knew that his mother would want to see it for herself. She was right all along.

~

Adonis pulled himself together and got to school. There was a test in his last class which was worth half of his grade. He needed to get his thoughts in check before the test because there was no way that he could fail anymore classes.

Pulling his hood over his head, Adonis walked through the halls, hoping that no one would stop him for conversation. His eyes traveled the students as he searched for Ember. At a time like this, she would be the only one that Adonis was willing to talk to but he didn't see her. Even during lunch, she was nowhere to be found, only Namiko. He didn't like talking to her much but since she was the only other person that knew Ember he had no other choice.

Adonis figured that he had did something wrong because Ember wasn't replying to his texts.

"Namiko, have you seen Em?" Adonis asked her.

"She ain't here today and no I haven't talked to her." Namiko said.

"Aight." Adonis didn't know why Namiko had an attitude, he decided to walk away and let it go. As usual, he sat with Malik and Trevor. Dessiana was sitting with them. Her eyes lit up as she watched Adonis sit across from her, next to Malik.

"What's up?" Adonis greeted them all.

"Where you been at all morning?" Malik questioned.

"I overslept."

"You must've had a long night." Dessiana says.

"Something like that."

Dessiana gave him an apologetic look, deciding to continue their conversation that they were having before Adonis showed up, "Take her somewhere romantic."

"Take who?" Adonis asked confused.

Trevor shook his head, "Namiko. Malik asked her out on a date and she finally giving him a chance and he doesn't know where to take her."

"How about the movies?" Dessiana asked.

"Nah, that's basic." Malik disagreed.

"Just give her some flowers or some shit." Trevor said.

"Namiko's not that type of girl. She'd probably tell me to shove them flowers up my ass or something." Malik tells them.

Adonis chuckled, Ember crossing his mind. She loved flowers and little simple things. It never had to be much for her. Adonis started to suggest things, "Set up a nice candlelit dinner for her, go on a boat ride or something."