Chapter Fifteen

The cafeteria was crowded, but to Adonis it was empty. He had drowned everyone out, deep in his thoughts. He couldn't shake the past events of the weekend with Paisley.

Her finally speaking up for herself, seemed as if it lifted a weight off her chest and she was talking a bit more. Adonis was happy that she was speaking up now but still pissed about the horrible things that she had went through.

Adonis had a talk with his father. He wanted to handle everything the right way by letting the cops do their job. On Adonis mind was murder.

That's what he wanted and no one could change it. Ezra was a sick dirty bastard and Adonis held nothing but hate in his heart for Ezra.

No, Adonis wasn't built for the streets. He didn't partake into any of that, but about Paisley, his baby sister, he was willing to go to war. Thinking about it was making him sick.

"Adonis. Adonis, are you okay?" Ember's soft voice interrupted his violent thoughts.

He had completely forgotten that Ember was sitting on his lap, conversing with Malik, Trevor and Namiko.

"I'm straight." Adonis mumbled. Paisley's situation wasn't the only thing that was bothering him, it was the whole thing with Sasha and Jr.

Adonis tapped Ember's thigh, telling her to get up, "I'm about to head out."

"Where you going bro?" Malik asked. Trevor looked at him concerned.

Adonis didn't mention anything to them, they just knew he wasn't in the mood today.

"Being at school a lil bit too much on me right now, I'm just gonna go clear my head. I'll see y'all at the gym, aight?"

Trevor and Malik both nodded. Once Adonis started to leave the cafeteria, Ember followed.

"Adonis.."

"Em, I really think you should stay at school. I don't want to get you into trouble." Adonis tells her.

"Somethings bothering you because you barely said a word to me all day. Did I do something?" Ember stared up at him with her innocent eyes.

"It's not you, Em, I promise it's not." Adonis tells her.

"Then what is it?" Ember questioned.

Adonis shook his head, "I don't want to talk about it right now."

Ember knew that it must have been something serious, "Are you leaving school?"

"Yeah."

"I'm coming with you."

"Em.."

"Please?"

Ember held out her hand, watching Adonis hesitate. He finally gave in and took it. Before he led her out to his car, she stopped by her locker to retrieve a bag.

Adonis didn't know where he was going, he just wanted somewhere quiet.

"Make a right, Adonis." Ember says.