16. I Miss Him

Cathy POV
Me and Jane were in the car, we were playing a game with Will. Mom puts on some music, dads favorite Christmas song. "Um Mom will you change the song?" I ask, just thinking about Dad makes me wanna cry.

"Yeah." She says and changes it, Jane holds out her hand and I interlock them, she always let me decide if I wanted to hug her and hold her hand. I lean my head on her shoulder,

"Cathy if you were able to go back in time what would you do?" Will asks and I shrug stop Dad from getting in the car that day. I feel tears spring to my eyes but I quickly wipe them away.

"You okay?" Jane asks and I nod,

"Yeah, I just got something in my eye" I say and she looks at me suspicious but shakes it off.

At Cathy Grandma House
I get out of the car with Jane behind me, there were quite a few cars so I was nervous. I move closer to Jane and she gives me a small smile, I brush my finger against hers, something I did when I wanted to hold her hand. She smiles and does the same thing back letting me know that I could. I interlock our fingers, and she smiles. I blush a little bit and we walk inside Grandmas house. I take off my shoes and Jane does the same, I squeeze her hand letting her know I was nervous, she caresses my hand and she gives me a small smile. I take a shakey breath, I know that they're my family but I still hate having lots and lots of people all around me. Everyone walks inside and I don't move, Jane stays with me and looks at me,

"Do you wanna stay out here for a little bit?" She asks and I nod, she walks with me to the door and we sit down on the swinging chair my grandma had. She continues to hold my hand, and I tap her shoulder, she looks at me and I give her a small smile, she smiles at me and I look at her shoulder. I wanna lay my head down but I don't know, "you can lay down if you want baby" she says and I smile, I lay down my head on her shoulder and blush and she wraps her arm around me. She kisses my head and starts to rub my back softly scratching it. I sigh and she smiles, I hold her hand, I start to get a little cold and the door opens.

"Girls? Are you coming inside?" Mom asks smiling and I nod,

"Mhm, one sec" I say and she walks back inside, I sit up and Jane smiles at me. I walk towards the door and she follows me, I open the door and take off my shoes and Jane does the same. I tap her hand since we were holding hands anymore, she takes my hand and I felt less nervous and safer than I did when I wasn't holding her hand. My uncle walks up to me and Jane, he starts talking and I let go of Janes hand. I see her frown "I'll be back, I'm gonna go ask my mom for something." I say and she nods, I walk upstairs and since I was wearing overalls I had put dads bow tie in my pocket. I take a deep breath in and walk into dads old room, it had lots of his stuff. I sit on his bed and grab his picture, I feel tears spring to my eyes. "I miss you. A lot," I whisper and hold his bow tie in my hand. I was planning on taking him flowers or something.

10 minutes later
I was laying down on dads bed and I hear a knock on the door, I don't say anything and Jane walks in. I wipe away my tears really quick and she sits next to me, she puts a hand on my back and I sniffle. She turns me over carefully and I close my eyes not wanting to look at her, she sighs and caresses my cheek, I grab her hand and she keeps her hand in place. I take a deep breath in.

"Will you open your eyes?" She asks in a soft tone, I shake my head and she sighs, I feel her move and she taps the side of my stomach, I nod and she wraps her arms around me. Something we did when we didn't want to ask each other a question was just tap or brush against the other person. I snuggle my head into her neck and she whispers in my ear. "You okay?" I shake my head no and she pulls me a little bit closer. "What wrong love?" She asks and I tap her hand which was on my laying on my side. She interlocks our fingers and I feel tears come to my eyes, I start crying softly. "It's okay, let it out." She says and I continue to cry.

"I-I miss him, m-my d-dad" I say and she rubs my back. I sit up and wipe away my tears and she follows me, I look down and use both of my hands to tap her arms. She wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me into her lap, I close my eyes.

"Sshhhh, it's okay, you're okay. He's watching you and he's making sure that you're happy, so put a little smile on that cute face of yours" she says and I blush, so that's why Janes here with me.

Heyyyyyyyy, this was a small chapter I'm gonna do the rest of the party thing next chapter but I'm getting tired so Imma head to sleep. I forgot that I had this book because I was writing a lot of one shots today sooo ye.

Random fact: I felt like Jane telling Cathy to go to sleep today because SoMeOnE (you know who you are)  refused to go to sleep but I Mean they went to sleep so I happy. :)

Byeeeeeeeee

-ScReEcHiNg ToRtUlLlLlLeEeEeEeE🐢🐢🐢