3

Not much has changed since you last saw me. I still live with Sooji and Mari and they still have zero idea about Namjoon or anything that happened freshman year. I know exactly how they'd react, and I'm not entertaining it anymore.

Day by day, I'm starting to question why I still live here. Sihyun moved in and Sooji just let him without counseling me or Mari. Just like when he was a house guest, he's a rude roommate. He eats my noodles, Mari's period sweets, and uses our acne washes without asking. Mari had to squeeze her stuff into my bathroom because he took up her space in the bathroom that originally her's and Sooji's.

On the morning of my birthday, I wasn't really in a great mood as one should be. I woke up to the sound of Sihyun yelling at his video games. I stumbled out, making myself eggs. Mari came out soon after. She clapped twice at Sihyun and he paid her no mind with his headset over his ears. We laughed as she came into the kitchen, pulling things out for her own breakfast.

Me: You want some?

Mari: No thanks. I'll make my own. I know you have to get to work.

Me: You at least on some coffee?

Mari: Ugh. Nari. I told you. I'm on a cleanse.

Me: *laughing* My bad. Is Sooji up yet?

Mari: Why would I care?

Me: Ouch.

Mari: You expect me to be happy with her after she just moves in this man pig into our home? God. Half the apartment smells like cigarettes, beer, and sexual assault. Pass the orange juice?

Me: Here.

Mari: I want to move out.

Me: Don't.

Mari: You can move out too. You're making big bills over at the fancy salon.

Me: Right. I didn't think I'd be making this much as a nail technician.

Mari: Nor did I. But mad people want acrylics. And your place is over priced as fuck. Ninety dollars a set?

Me: My boss is lowkey a scammer.

Mari: Yeah. Taking advantage of the uptown folk.

Me: The uptown folk won't go anywhere downtown so is it so bad?

Mari: You have a point. I'd rather go to Hera than Nail Artisans and come out with fungi.

Sihyun shouted out loud with his video game again. Mari let out a sign of defeat, hiding her tired face in her hands. He yelled again, hands in the air, celebrating. Mari stomped over, ripped the cords out his console and the headset off his ears.

Mari: SHUT UP!

Sihyun: WHAT THE FUCK?!

Mari: DON'T FUCKING YELL AT ME YOU FUCKING LOSER. GET YOUR ASS UP. THIS LIVING ROOM IS A FUCKING MESS!

Sihyun: YOU MADE MY WHOLE TEAM LOSE!

Mari: TEAM? HOW ABOUT YOU GO GET A JOB! HELP OUT WITH BILLS! INSTEAD OF SITTING ON YOUR ASS ALL FUCKING DAY!

Sihyun: YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB YOURSELF!

Mari: I'M IN GRAD SCHOOL! WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING EXCUSE? OR DO WE NEED TO PASS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION LAWSUIT FOR COMPANIES TO INCLUDE SMALL AND UNCIRCUMCISED-?

Me: Hey! Mari! Chill.

Mari: I'm not going to fucking chill until this PIECE OF SHIT learns how to participate in society like a normal fucking person!

Sooji: What the hell is all this screaming?!

The oldest, richest, most followed friend in our group came out, dressed in a tight black skirt with a white, sleeveless button down tucked in. With one hand, she was fixing her earrings, and with the other, she carried her black red bottoms.