20 (S)

From the balcony, I saw Namjoon in his trunks going out to meet his friends and family in the hot tub. Tammie and Mia had their own thing going on at the bar. They're not exactly a part of this inner circle. I don't want to be like them, knowing myself I'll feel like and outcast. But Namjoon just talked to me about confidence. I need to tap into it. He's right.

I'm gonna show them. I'm gonna show them.

I turned to my suitcase, pulling out a bold red bathing suit that I got while out shopping with Sooji and Peach over the summer. She picked it out for me because she believes that red is my color. The problem was that it was really expensive and if I wanted to pitch in for rent that month, I couldn't afford it. But Peach bought it anyway and told me not to let it go to waste. I guess tonight is the debut. I'd be perfect and match the new set of nails I did before we left.

I freshened up, making sure my face wasn't tear stained and strained. I washed and shaved before slipping into the bathing suit. I covered myself in a sheer white cover up, put on my flip flops, tied my hair up to show off my pearls, and went out to the hot tub.

Walking out there was like walking into a new school. I knew they were all staring and probably judging. Deep down I wanted to run back inside and hide until it was time to leave, but I kept walking towards them, convincing myself that I could do this. But then there was Namjoon, who softly smiled as I made it to the tub.

Namjoon: Hey!

Me: Hey...

Taehyung: Nari!

Jimin: Nari! Join the party.

Naomi: Or don't.

Nala: *laughing* Oh my god, Naomi.

Naomi: What? She doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to.

Nala: I love your flip flops, where'd you get them?

Me: Um...Gap.

Nala: *laughing* Girl.

Naomi: *laughing* And you wanted to try and be nice.

I kicked off the flip flops and dropped my swim cover, laying it down on a nearby chair. As I did this, everyone fell silent. When I turned back to face them, I made immediate eye contact with Namjoon. And he gave me that look... that gaze. His eyes were dark and fixated on me. He doesn't have to say it...but he loves what he's seeing.

Namjoon gestured his finger for me to come to him. Straight to him. And with the look on his face, I knew good and well to do so. I stepped in the bubbling water and swam into his arms where I felt protected. I almost forgot about the others, and my face flushed as I remembered their presence with Namjoon kissing me up my cheeks and down my shoulders.

Namjoon: *whispering* Who said you could come out here looking like this?

Me: *giggling* Literally you.

Namjoon: *whispering* You are the sexiest woman alive

Me: *whispering* Stop it. Everyone is staring.

Namjoon: Hey. Fix your eyes elsewhere.

It was crazy. Everyone, even his sister's, followed Namjoon's order. No one was staring at me except him. And water bubbled and popped under the new conversation that broke out among Namjoon's family. Along came Seokjin with our drinks, handing me a frozen Martini glass and Namjoon's requested rum.

Naomi got cozy and cuddled up with Yoongi. BB definitely looks more like her dad than her mom except for the nose. Like her daughter, Naomi resembles Mr. Kim probably more than her mom. And Nala looks like an exact younger version of Mrs. Kim.