28 (S)

At home after Jungkook's shoot, everything was pristine. Not so much as a crumb on the floor or a speck of dust. Mari's car was gone, so I knew that only Sooji would be inside. Sihyun could be heard snoring from her room while Sooji herself had just finished putting away dried dishes.

Sooji: Hi.

Me: Hey.

Sooji: I...um...got Sihyun to clean up the place.

Me: I see. Thanks.

Sooji: Yeah. No problem.

Me: Sooji...

Sooji: Yeah?

Me: That doesn't mean I'm staying.

Sooji: Not even going to consider it?

Me: *laughing* Dude. I bought the place already. There is furniture being moved in there as we speak. It's a little late to put down a reverse card.

Sooji: You can rent it out.

Me: I'm not doing that.

Sooji: Nari, you're not a burden. You never were and I really didn't mean it to come out that way.

Me: I know. But I am grown, Sooji. We aren't in college anymore. I can provide for myself.

Sooji: I'm not saying you can't I just-

Me: Want me here.

Sooji: Yeah.

Me: I know. But this day was coming eventually. With or without Sihyun. With or without you and Mari's fighting. Dear god, please don't start crying.

Sooji: *tearing* I'm sorry. It's like the end of an era.

Me: *laughing* It is. But think about it. You and Sihyun get to have your own space. He can change my room into a place to set up all his games and shit. The living room and stay clean and he can make his mess in there.

Sooji: *chuckling* Right.

Me: And it's literally five blocks away. You can come by anytime you want.

Sooji: Can I sleep over?

Me: No.

Sooji: Ok.

Me: I'm going to miss you though. Both of you. But this doesn't make us less of friends.

Sooji: Right. Ok.

Me: Do you need a hug?

Sooji: Yeah...

It's funny to me because once upon a time, I would be the one crying in her shoulder while she says some sarcastic comments to make me laugh. Mari came in, coming back from probably hanging out with other friends. I nodded my head towards her room and she followed suit with a faint smile.

Me: Better?

Sooji: Yeah. Yeah, but I think I'm going to take a nap.

Me: Ok.

Sooji: Nari?

Me: Yeah?

Sooji: Red is your color.

Me: *laughing* Thanks.

A week from them, I felt like it was high time for me to start actually getting my stuff packed. I took the day off from work and so did Kylee, who stayed with me to help me get my things into boxes.

Kylee: You have a Burkin bag?

Me: That's from...

Kylee: Namjoon?