11

As summer turned to fall, I felt like my life was coming more and more into place. Aside from the girls and Zo, everything felt perfect. I still had no luck with good housing but still. I was feeling great with Namjoon becoming more Namjoon.

Just random days he gives me flowers. On days we couldn't see each other we facetime and talk for hours and hours. The more we spend time together, the more I wonder if I should actually stay over. But when the time comes...I don't.

I guess I feel like I still don't know him the way I want to. He's amazing. Really. He's sweet and funny and considerate, but I need him to talk about himself more. But I'm getting there. I'm cracking Pandora's box.

I rang up my customer and she inserted her black card into the chip machine. After she left, she was replaced with a familiar redhead, walking in the door with her tall uncle, dressed in her cheer uniform and holding her backpack.

BB: Hi, Ms. Nari!

Me: Hi, BB!

Namjoon: Her squad won the championship.

BB: And uncle said he'll pay for my manny.

Me: I'll do it for free.

Namjoon: Oh, no you won't.

Me: I don't mind.

Mrs. Ashley: No, you won't.

Me: *laughing* Sorry, boss. Um, BB, you see that seat over there? That's my station and on there is a book full of designs. Go pick your favorite and I'll be right over.

BB: Ok! Thank you. Uncle, may you hold this please?

With a smile, Namjoon took her cheer bag as BB ran off to my station. He hunched over the counter and handed Mrs. Ashley the ninety dollars for BB's nails without making eye contact with her because his brown orbs were glued to me behind the counter.

Me: Did you take her here as an excuse to see me?

Namjoon: Perhaps.

Me: She's adorable.

Namjoon: She is. How long does this usually take, I gotta take her home.

Me: Only twenty minutes then she's all yours again.

Namjoon: Good. What time you get off?

Me: *blushing* Wow. You're not even trying.

Namjoon: *smiling* Are you gonna tell me or what?

Me: BB is my last one for the day.

Namjoon: And then you're mine again?

Me: *flushed* Yeah.

My chin rested on my palm and my other hand tapped on the glass desk. I bit my lip as I stared at him and his hand that covered and held my tapping on. My face was flushed red with his gaze as if there isn't a salon filled with other people watching us.

Namjoon: Want to know what I think?

Me: What are you thinking?

Namjoon: I'm thinking that after your shift you should change out of your work clothes and into something light, and wait for me outside your apartment so I can pick you up.

Me: Pick me up for what?

Namjoon: It's a surprise.

Me: Another Hitchcock movie night?

Namjoon: If I tell you it's not a surprise.

Kylee: Whoa. Who is this?

Behind me, Kylee came around with her customer, ringing them out and charging them too. She handed the customer their receipt and leaned over the counter like me, staring at Namjoon with starry eyes.