16 (S)

Sooji: Have you seen my prada tote?

Me: No.

Sooji: Are you sure? It's white.

Me: I haven't seen your bag.

Sooji: Maybe Mari-

Mari: What? Ate it?

Sooji: Did you?

Me: Can you two get the fuck out of my room if you're going to fight.

Sooji: How am I supposed to go to the virgin islands without my tote?!

Mari: No one in siesta key is going to fucking care about your bag.

Sooji: Siesta Key isn't a virgin island you idiot.

Me: Get out.

Sooji: Sorry.

Mari: Babe, we never asked. What are you doing over the holidays?

Me: Nothing.

Mari: You're not going with Zo or Peach?

Me: No. Both of them are going out of the country, something I can't afford.

Mari: Damn.

Sooji: Can someone please get the fucking door.

Mari: I'll do it.

After a few seconds of bickering between Mari and Sihyun playing his games, Mari answered the door. I sat on the bed in Sooji's and Sihyun's room, watching them pack as they got ready to leave for their rich families Christmas vacations.

Mari came back in the room holding a huge white box with a gold ribbon on top. She placed it on the bed, both her and Sooji looking confused at it. Sooji quickly lost interest though, and went back to taking her best clothes from the closet to her suitcase.

Mari: Did someone order something?

Sooji: No.

Me: Nope.

Mari: It's addressed to "Princess".

Sooji: Princess?

Me: Oh. That's for me.

Sooji: Again? Who keeps calling you princess?

Me: No one. Just hand me the box.

Under mounds of sparkly tissue paper was a rose gold macbook air. Sooji and Mari stared at me with wide eyes as I pulled out white and gold, cropped, Versace jacket. "Wow," Mari mouthed.

Inside the pocket of the jacket was a note, reading: "It was raining. It was snowing. But all unhappiness stopped. You brought heaven to me. Don't speak so easily, because without you, there's no me. You're the best of me. The best of me."

Me: *whispering* He's fucking crazy.

Sooji: Who is that from?

Me: A friend.

Mari: Quit being vague! Who gave you all of that?

Me: *blushing* No one. I'm going to take this to my room.

Sooji: It's probably the same person who gave her those pearls.

Mari: And the bracelet.

Me: *teasing* Y'all sound bitter.

In my room, I stashed my old computer under my bed and replaced the empty space on my desk with the new one. I changed out of my sweats into something I could pair with the new jacket, put on boots, and grabbed my car keys.