22

One thing that Namjoon does that no one else really can is that he can read situations almost instantly and understand how it affects the people around it. Example, one time when we were out on Cary Town, we went to a bar for drinks and you know how it is being a woman. I was catcalled and some weird guy tried stepping to me, even offering to walk me to my car, even when I brushed him off.

Namjoon didn't make some toxic masculine scene. He simply walked over, took my hand, and led me away. He glared, we left, and we haven't gone back there again. He can understand when I need a little help and can tell when I can handle it on my own. I don't have to ask. Another example, most of the day, we spent together, not really communicating with his sisters, cousins, and friends. Partially because he's mad at them, but mostly because he knows that I'm not exactly comfortable around them.

I'm really happy that his parents like me though. His mom and I have the same taste in interior design, and she let me do her nails. His dad and I don't really have much in common besides chess. I played a few games with him and won every time until he became old man frustrated and left the board. It turns out I was the first component to put him in his place. He tried getting me to try some of his rums and liquors, but even for me, they were very strong.

I noticed a lot of similarities between Namjoon and his dad. They have the same alcohol taste and tolerance. They are both kind of awkward with affection except when it comes to me, or in Mr. Kim's case, his wife. He is definitely more stern than Namjoon, but they seem to have the same through process. They talk with the same sort of attitude, but Namjoon's dad has more bass in his voice. And you can't let either of them around a stove.

Outside, they tried grilling but somehow things went left and a huge fire grew. They both hurriedly shut the lid over the grill. Seokjin interrupted them and took over dinner. I watched and laughed from the pool where I was dipping my feet in to cool off from the warm weather. I kept my promise to BB and taught her some cheers I learned in school. Then she started teaching the other younger family members too.

I went to get a glass of wine where Mrs. Kim and her sister were drinking and left the kids under the care of one of the maids, then watched BB from the pool again. Namjoon joined me by the pool side with a glass of his dad rum. Just the smell of it almost made me gag.

Me: Get that away from me.

Namjoon: What?

Me: That rum.

Namjoon: *laughing* Try it.

Me: I did and I can feel my liver unraveling.

We laughed and I snuck in a quick kiss, which was a mistake. Namjoon held me, putting his glass down and kissing me again, like we couldn't stop. Our noses would brush together before our lips reconnected. I rested my head on his shoulder and held his hand.

Namjoon: This morning...

Me: Yeah?

Namjoon: I want you to know that I intend on saying it first.

Me: Huh?

Namjoon: I love you.

Me: *smiling* I love you too.

Nala: Hey! Get a room, you two!

Naomi: No decency.

His sisters joined us on both sides of us. I was still in a daydream though, hearing him tell me he loves me with his deep, rich voice. He's a daydream. His fluffy hair, his soft, plum lips, his chocolate mono-lid eyes that just stare deep into my eyes that they can see into my heart and soul, even if they were covered by sunglasses. His gentle hands that never treat me less than a....well a princess.