11. My slenderman encounter

About a year ago, well, sometime in the mid summer, I discovered Marble Hornets. I, being the incredibly curious teen I am, become obsessed with trying to understand the myth of the slenderman and finding out if it was real or not. I ended up staying at my friend's house in a city about an hour from where I live, and we had planned on going to the bike trails at around 12:00 PM. Before we left for the bike trails, however, I decided I would show him Marble Hornets. We ended up sitting and watching every single video that was out and researching him for quite awhile. We both wanted to know what and who he was. After researching slendy for quite some time, we looked at the clock and noticed it was around 6:00 PM. We had really spent almost 6 hours looking up videos of this insane fantasy. "Do you still want to go to the trails?" My friend said. "Yeah, man. It's nice out." I said, thinking to myself that we might see slenderman. I could just feel our combined burning desires to see slenderman, even though neither of us said anything. We knew how terrifying he was and how true he could be, but we still wanted to catch a glimpse of the faceless monster. After a few minutes of having decided to leave, we went ahead and left. The biking trails in his neighborhood were rather big, so we rode around 4 miles out at a nice, steady pace. We talked and talked and talked until, eventually, slenderman came into the topic. "Slenderman's gonna rape you with his slender penis, Sneevox!" said my friend. "Ha, you can't mock him, man. He'll get you." I replied in a slightly joking yet serious tone. "Nah, man, that shit's not even real." My friend replied in a slightly worried tone. "I hope not." I said quietly to myself. We continued on until the time reached about 9:00 and it was getting dark, and we turned back. The ride back was mostly silent, I think, due to our combined fear and regret of mocking him. The silence itself was mocking me, giving the illusion that I was riding completely alone. The sound of our breath was masked by the clicking of the gears on our bikes, and I was riding the louder bike that my friend owned, so I could not hear his. My eyes were darting through the trees on the left and right sides of us, scared and yet slightly hoping to see his faceless glare staring back at me. Every little path that went off of the main trail was a new chance to see him standing, head tilted eerily and suit finely pressed as the tree branches dangled over him, slightly concealing him. "Going back is taking a lot longer than riding out." My friend said as he turned his head to look at me. "Yeah, man. I wonder what's for dinner..." I replied, quite relieved that silence was broken. Sure enough, as soon as we weren't expecting it, we heard a loud whistle. At first, we thought it was his Dad (His Dad is known for whistling VERY loudly when he is trying to catch your attention), but then we realized it would be odd for him to walk all the way out to us as far as we were. We both looked up in complete shock, only to see a tall, slender figure standing in the middle of the path about 500 feet ahead of us. Neither of us said a word, completely shocked. The figure stood there for a few moments, only to walk into the trees to the right in the same shady, easy stride that slenderman carried. Neither of us said anything about thinking it was Slenderman, as we probably feared sounding stupid, so we rode on. As we passed the brush we saw him walk into, we both slowed a little bit and looked. What we saw, of all of the terrifying movies I have seen and stories I have read, put both of us in such an instantly shocked and terrified state that neither of us thought about it yet both did the same exact thing. Our muscles tensed and our hearts began racing, and at the same time, we put our bikes in the highest gear and high tailed our asses out of there. To this day, neither of us have said anything about it, but I know what we both thought and remember about that time. Don't bother asking if this is true. It is.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Slender_Man/comments/t3x1e/my_slender_encounter/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share