31. Der Großmann

My story begins 13 years ago. I was 13 years old, had just moved back to my hometown in Indiana, from California, where I had spent the last year and a half. As a kid, growing up, I spent a lot of time in the woods. My friends and I had a special place that we went about a mile into the woods. It was an old, broken down tree house, but the view was beautiful. We could see the railroad tracks from our spot there and would often times, watch as it passed. Down a little ways from this area, was a small creek that ran further into the woods. There was one day, where I was feeling alone and depressed, and I went to our spot alone, because I needed time to think.

It was around 3pm in June, when I was sitting there alone and I could hear the rustle of what sounded to be footsteps. At this point, I thought maybe a friend of mine had come out to find me, as I told my mother where I would be. I turned to look and see who it was coming out, but saw no one. As I turned back around, I saw what appeared as a man. Very tall, black suit with a red tie. I only caught a glance but it looked as though he had no face. Just a head. It appeared as though there may have once been a face, but had been covered not by something, though I'm not sure what. As I looked back, he was no longer there. Quickly, I left the area.

Three days later, I returned. This time with a friend. I told her about this person I had seen, but she brushed it off as my own fear. I then walked over to the tree that was closest to this thing, removed the pocket knife from my back pocket and carved a circle with an x in it into that bark. She asked me what it was, and I told her that I felt compelled to draw it, like i couldn't control it. She brushed it off as though I had almost gone crazy. We left soon there-after and she didn't return back with me.

I came back the next day, sat in the same spot and waited. It was about noon and nothing was happening. I was getting restless. I couldn't understand why he wasn't appearing to me again. I got up and headed for the winding creek. It was then that I heard the rustle of footsteps again. This time, I was expecting to see this being. As I turned and looked around, only to find nothing. I started to get disappointed again. I slowed my pace down to the creek and stared at the ground. As I looked up, I saw him again. He stood there, with arms spread wide open. I could hear him. Though he had no way of speaking at all, I could hear him, taunting me, calmly telling me to come to him. I stared at him for a minute. He was such a tall being, with strange tendrils from his body. A wicked man, but I felt so safe. I went to him and he wrapped me into his arm. I wasn't sure what to expect next.

Over the next 4 days... atleast I think it was 4 days, though I cannot say for sure... I endured, what most would call, Hell. Although I was in pain, looking at this man, I felt solace. I had no pain. I knew that if I were to ever get free, I would NOT be the same person that I had been before. I could hear my friends and family calling my name. I knew they were looking for me and I wanted to go to them, but the comfort in his presence kept me there.

After the fifth day there, I realized that I had giant cuts on my backside. I was bleeding and I was starting to become scared. I knew that if I didn't get out then, I would surely die. I'm not sure, to this day, how I got out of there. Something tells me that he let me go, but I'm not sure. It has been 13 years. I am now 26 years old, yet I am still plagued by this being. I have done research about this, and found that I have been a rare case to be released by what is now known as The Slender Man, or der Großmann. I still see him from time to time, calling me back, but I stay planted. I know that if I do go back, I will surely be gone for good.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/ycf78/der_gro%C3%9Fmann/