32. Slenderman Encounter

I got a story from many years ago. I was a kid. I was in middle school when this happened. There's a big patch of woods behind my house. I knew every inch of this place. I was out there all the time. One evening, something went down. I was out there as I usually was but something kind of threw me off that day. I was looking around and I saw, off a ways in the woods, there was this figure out there. It was impossibly tall, dark figure. Basically featureless. I didn't realize until many years later that it was actually Slenderman that I had seen that day. Seeing him, standing there staring at him for a few seconds, something just told me to run. And I was at the far end. It's about a 4 mile long patch of woods. I can make to the other side in about 7 minutes. And no matter how fast I ran, every time I looked back, he was in the same spot behind me, like same distance. It wasn't until I made it to the other side. I was about halfway down the bayou that was there, I turned around and he was just standing there, stopped. He wouldn't go any further. To this day, that's about the most shaken I've ever been. Ever since I went out there I never saw him again. But that one time being out there, it was just the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. It was pretty spooky. And years later, actually, I started hearing about the Slenderman stuff on the internet and I stared putting two and two together. It was like, Oh, man, I saw this guy when I was, like, 12. That's pretty freaky stuff.

Link:
https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2018/02/my-slenderman-encounter.html?m=1