Chapter 10: Broken Hand

(Y/n) woke up with a start, he had been having a dream, some sort of dream, he couldn't quite remember it though.

It had something to do with a large dark room, he thought he remembered his dad being there and strangely he remembered see Ollivander there, although he looked terrible.

(Y/n) got dressed quickly and hurried to the Great Hall for breakfast. "What do we have today?" He asked.

"Umbridge" Ron said glumly.

"Great this'll be fun then" (Y/n) said mischievously.

"Please don't" Hermione begged him. "You could get in trouble"

"Yeah like I care" (Y/n) replied.

"Please.." Hermione said in vain.

"I'll try" (Y/n) said "but there's nothing she can do to hurt." He added confidently knowing that he could always go to Dumbledore.

The four of them heading to her class, where they were told to just read the next chapter.

(Y/n) put his hand up to complain, but Umbridge completely ignored him. To spite her he slowly put down all but one of his fingers.

"Mr. (L/n)!" Umbridge shouted angrily at him.

"Hmm is there a problem?" He asked her acting dumb.

"What do you thing you are doing?" She asked, dropping her sweet voice.

"I'm reading the chapter like you asked us to"

"I am talking about your hand"

He looked up at it and pretended to be surprised.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry" he said in an overly apologetic voice. "It must be broken!"

He pulled it off and tried to push the finger down to no avail.

"Oh I am sorry Umbridge, it tends to get stuck when it is around large amounts of bullshit"

"Twenty points from Gryffindor Mr. (L/n)! And detention" Umbridge told him triumphantly.

"Oh I am so sorry Dolores" (Y/n) said smirking at her.

"Ten more points from Gryffindor for your disrespect!" She spat at him.

(Y/n) smiled at her smugly, his finger still up.

"(Y/n)!" Hermione scowled him after class.

"What Hermione, that was me holding back" (Y/n) reasoned with her.

"That was bloody brilliant" Ron said to him patting him on his back.

Harry however seemed to be more in line with Hermione's thinking.

"That was risky (Y/n)" Harry said to him.

"Oh come on not you too Harry. Don't tell me you're afraid of the toad as well" (Y/n) laughed.

Later than night Harry cornered him in the common room.

"What's up Harry?" (Y/n) asked him concerned.

"Don't use her quill" he told him and then turned to leave., but (Y/n) grabbed his arm.

"Why? What are you hiding?" (Y/n) asked him. Harry hesitated for a second and then pulled up his sleeve showing the raw skin on the back of his hand.

"Harry! You've got to go to Dumbledore!" (Y/n) told him.

"No!" Harry said quickly "no he's got too much already. This is between me and Umbridge"

"Harry I don't think that's the best idea"

"Yeah well it's what I want" Harry said fiercely.  

"Alright mate" (Y/n) said holding his hands up in surrender.

Eventually it was time for (Y/n)'s detention and he headed down to her office.

"Come in" She said in her sickly sweet voice. "Please sit" she gestured to a chair.

"Today you will be doing some lines" she said pulling out a quill and a bottle of ink. "You will write 'I must not tell lies'"

"How many times?"

"I will tell you when you can stop" (Y/n) tentatively picked up her quill, Harry's message ringing in his ears.

He started writing a few lines, and nothing happened. After a while of sitting in silence he started to say things between each line, such as

"Dolores is a terrible teacher"

"Dolores should not be teaching us"

"Dolores is impeding my education"

"Dolores looks like a toad"

"Why are you saying those Mr. (L/n)?" Umbridge asked him after a while.

"Well I'm writing that I must not tell lies, so I thought I'd say some truths as I go." (Y/n) said grinning at her.

"I will get you Mr. (L/n)" Umbridge said to him. (Y/n) snorted.

"Oh yeah, going to take a few more points away? Give me another detention? If you haven't got it yet Dolores let me spell it out for you. I. Don't. Care."

"There are other ways to get to you" she said, (Y/n) laughed.

"What are you going to go after my dad? Are you going to fire him? The father of the boy who is opposing what the ministry claims? Yeah let's see how well that goes down."

"No but perhaps someone close to you might care about detentions" she said with an evil grin. "I assume Mr Potter told you about my quill?"

"Yeah he warned me about it, but this is just a bloody quill" (Y/n) said holding up the quill she had given him.

"Yes that one is, but I have. Other ones, ones that... discourage misbehaving shall we say"

"And why didn't I get this quill then?"

"Because I know that unlike Mr Potter you would immediately run to the headmaster." She said with a grin. "Oh I dislike Mr Potter, but at least he can fight his own battles."

(Y/n) narrowed his eyes at her. "Now then can you not think of someone who would listen to Mr Potter? Someone who wouldn't go to Dumbledore because he asked them too? Someone... special to you?" She said still grinning.

His mind immediately went to Hermione "You wouldn't" (Y/n) said his voice low, almost a growl.

"Try me Mr. (L/n), you've had your fun, now I think it is time to behave yourself."

(Y/n) stared at her angrily. "Well I think that about wraps up our time here Mr. (L/n). Now I hope you heed my... advice. I would hate you see you in here again"

(Y/n) snapped her quill, throwing the pieces onto the table, strode to the door and slammed it as hard as he could.