Chapter 48: The Beginning of the End

It was only a few days later that the term ended and Madame Pomfrey let all of them out of the Hospital Wing to go to the end of year feast.

"Come on love" (Y/n) said grabbing Hermione's hand and helping towards the Gryffindor table. They took seats next to Ron and Harry.

The feast was pretty fun, and when McGonagall entered the Great Hall (Y/n) sprang to his feet, ran towards her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I missed you Professor" (Y/n) awkwardly as the rest of the hall burst into laughter.

"I missed you too (Y/n)" she said with a wide smile.

Other than that the highlight of the feast was when Peeves chased Umbridge out of the Great hall, hitting her with McGonagall's walking stick.

After that the only thing left was the trip back on the Hogwarts Express. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle attempted to attack Harry on his way back from the bathroom.

(Y/n) spent most of the trip talking with Hermione, and stealing a kiss every now and then while the others weren't watching.

Hermione read out a few snippets from the Daily Prophet which had done a one eighty and was now telling people to be wary of Voldemort, and had articles about how to repel dementors, and inferi.

"Hey Harry" Ron said about halfway through the train ride. Cho and her friend Marietta were walking past their compartment.

Harry and Cho's eyes locked for a second. "Whats uh going on between the two of you anyway?" Ron asked.

"Nothing" Harry said.

"I heard she's going out with someone else know" Hermione said nervously.

"Who's she going out with now?" (Y/n) asked.

"Micheal Cormac" Ginny replied.

"What but weren't you going out with Cormac?" Ron asked Ginny slowly.

"Not anymore" Ginny said. "He wasn't too happy about Gryffindor beating Ravenclaw so I ditched him. And he went to comfort Cho"

"Always thought he was a bit of a git" Ron said happily "just chose someone nicer next time"

"Well I chose Dean Thomas, would you say he's better?" Ginny asked Ron.

"WHAT!" Ron shouted taken by surprise.

"I believe she said she dating Dean now" (Y/n) said raising his voice. Ron scowled at him.

After a while the train finally stopped at King's Cross station, and they grabbed their trunks and filed out onto the platform.

"Things are all going to change now aren't they?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah it's all unknown now" (Y/n) said.

"Promise you three will keep in touch" Hermione said, tearing up slightly.

"I'll do my best" Ron said, the other three knowing that he would forget.

"Everyday if you want love" (Y/n) said pulling her into a one armed hug.

"If the Dursley's let me" Harry said gloomily.

Ron went off with his family and Harry met with a few Order members and went to talk with the Dursley's, and (Y/n) waited with Hermione hand in hand.

"There you are dear" Hermione's mum said waving to them. "Ah hello (Y/n), how are doing?" She asked.

"I'm alright Mrs. Granger" he said lying, not wanting to worry them.

They chatted for a while, as (Y/n) waited for his dad to arrive.

"Well it's time for us to go now" Mr. Granger said to (Y/n) putting his hand out, which (Y/n) shook. "And you are welcome at our house anytime"

"Thank you Mr. Granger it was a pleasure to see you" (Y/n) planting a kiss on Hermione's cheek, and waving to her parents.

"Good to see someone's enjoying themselves" Rose said making (Y/n) jump.

"How long've you been spying on me?" He asked her.

"Long enough. Seen dad yet?" She asked him l, looking worried.

"Not yet but he's probably just running late." (Y/n) said reassuring her.

"(L/n)!" A voice called from the crowd. "I'm looking for two (L/n)s!"

A short man in a mismatched suit walked through the crowd, and (Y/n) grabbed onto his wand in his pocket.

"Who are?" Rose asked him wearily.

"Are you two Mr and Miss (L/n)?" He asked them slightly out of breath.

"What's it to you?" (Y/n) asked, still clutching his wand.

"I'm from the Ministry. I'm sorry to say your father has gone missing"