Chapter 20: Quidditch Fiasco

"Come Ron eat a little bit" Harry coaxed him in the Great Hall.

"I'm not hungry" Ron said white faced. It was the first quidditch match of the year, and Ron looked paler then he ever had.

"Where's (Y/n)?" Hermione asked Harry, as she couldn't see him at the the table this morning.

"Getting rid of those damn badges" Harry muttered to her so Ron couldn't hear.

Hermione looked at him confused, not knowing what he was talking about. Harry simply pointed to Malfoy, who had a crown shaped badge on his robes.

Just then there was a loud bang out side the hall and a Slytherin boy was thrown into the Great Hall, (Y/n) ran in after him and quickly wrestled a badge off of his robes before stunning him.

He then quickly ran back to the doors of the Great Hall, socked a Slytherin in the jaw grabbed his badge and ran out the door, with Filch and Mrs. Norris running after him.

"Oh god he's going to get himself expelled" Hermione said putting her head in her hands.

"He'll find a way out of it" Harry said with a laugh. "He always does. Plus Umbridge hasn't gone after him yet" he said pointing to the staff table where Umbridge was still sitting.

Harry and Hermione headed down to the quidditch pitch, as Ron had left early for the changing room.

On the way there they met up with (Y/n), who was dunking a large Slytherin into the Great Lake, his right arm wrapped around his legs. In his left hand he held his wand, and was dueling two small weaselly looking Slytherins.

After a quick duel he stunned the two small Slytherins, pulled the other Slytherin out of the lake, pulled his badge of his robes, and threw him back into the lake, before then grabbing the badges off the two unconscious Slytherins.

"Hey guys how's it going?" He asked them nonchalantly.    

"Your nose is bleeding" Harry said to him pointing it out.

"Ah bugger, must've been when that big troll of a sixth year hit me. You should see him, though I doubt you will, hid him inside a suit of armor, who knows how long it'll be before he wakes up"

Hermione pulled out her wand, fixed his nose and cleaned the blood away. "You're going to get in so much trouble when Umbridge finds out" Hermione said worrying.

"Dolores doesn't scare me" (Y/n) said proudly, puffing out his chest. "Oh yeah these are for you Harry" he pulled out a large stack of badges that all read 'Weasley is our king'

"Great job (Y/n)" Harry said happily.

"Oh I'm not done yet" he said pulling another two stacks out of his arm. "The first and second years were the easiest, I just threatened them and they caved in a minute. It was the third years who started to put up a fight, but once I pulled out my wand most of them gave them up.

"I only had to jinx a few of them. The fourth and fifth years were harder, took a bit of dueling to get their badges but I managed in the end. The sixth and seventh years were the worst, I was able to out duel most of them, but a few of them I had to get a bit more physical." He explained to them triumphantly.

Harry looked at the badges and then threw them into the lake. "Oi! You could've saved them for the DA, we could've used them for target practice." (Y/n) said surprised.

"Good luck Harry" Hermione said to him. "And tell Ron as well"

"Yeah good luck mate, try not to eat another snitch alright" (Y/n) said to him patting him on the back.

"He will be fine won't he?" Hermione asked as they walked up the stands hand in hand.

"Course Harry will be, he always is." (Y/n) said.

"I mean Ron" she said.

"Oh. Yeah I'm sure he'll be fine" (Y/n) said trying to reassure her, although he too had his worries about Ron.

The match started and, unsurprisingly, the Slytherins were playing dirty. After a while the Slytherins started to sing a song they had made called Weasley is our king.

Eventually Harry and Malfoy got into an argument after they had landed, which led to Harry beating every part of Malfoy, along with the help of one of the twins.

(Y/n) and Hermione headed back to the common room, along with the rest of the Gryffindors.

After a while Harry trudged in, still holding the snitch in his hand. He explained to them that Umbridge had given him a lifetime ban.

"Can she even do that?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah under the new ministry decree"

"That's bullshit!" (Y/n) said outraged. "She'll pay for this"

After that Hermione and (Y/n) tried to console him. Well Hermione tried to and (Y/n) just sat there threatening Umbridge.

Ron finally showed up after a hour of two, covered in dirt, still with his quidditch robes on.

"Where have you been!" Hermione asked him.

"Walking" he replied completely out of it. "I'm sorry" he mumbled sinking into a chair, not looking at Harry.

"What for?"

"For thinking I could play quidditch" Ron mumbled.

"Don't be daft" (Y/n) said hitting him in the shoulder "you were good out there" Ron just glared at him.

Harry then explained to Ron that he had been banned. Ron kept moping, he honestly thought that it was his fault Harry had been banned.

After a while of this Hermione pointed out the window towards Hagrid's hut, where (Y/n) could see a light in the window.

"This'll cheer you up, it looks like Hagrid is back!" Hermione said with a large smile on her face.