Chapter 16: New Decree

The next morning there was a paper pinned to the noticeboard.

"An organization, society, team, group or club is herby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to reform may be sought from the High Inquisitor. Any students found to have formed, or belonged to an organization, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled, the above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty Four. Signed High Inquisitor Dolores Umbridge"

"Great so we can't study anymore" (Y/n) said. Ron and Harry looked at him confused. "Well we always meet after classes and study, since there are four of us we are technically..." (Y/n) quickly looked at the bulletin "an organization, society, team, group, or club that has not been approved."

The other two rolled their eyes "Come on let's go tell Hermione" Harry said.

"Also technically she's saying we can't eat meals without her permission either" (Y/n) added following the other two.

"Do you think someone told her?" Harry asked when they found Hermione.

"I bet it was that Zacharias Smith" Ron said darkly.

"I hope it was, that way I'll have an excuse to kill him" (Y/n) said.

"Believe me we would know if someone told her, and they'll regret." Hermione said with a devilish grin.

"What'll happen to them?" Ron asked excitedly.

"Let's just hope you'll never know" Hermione Said. "Come on let's go down to breakfast. I wonder if this has been put up in the other houses"

"Excuse me!" (Y/n) called standing outside of the Great Hall "Excuse me! High Inquisitor! I was wondering if I was allowed to eat breakfast, as meals are a regular meeting of three or more people!"

"Yes you can Mr. (L/n)! And Ten points from Gryffindor for your cheek!" Umbridge Said to him.

(Y/n) walked over to the Gryffindor table, smiling as that was worth the ten points. The general commotion in the Great Hall was proof enough that the notice was put up in every common room.

That day they had History of magic, it was particularly boring until a snowy owl appeared at the window.

"Oi Harry!" (Y/n) whisper shouted to Harry, who was dozing in his seat.

"Oi Harry wake up!" He pulled off his arm and tapped him on the back, trying to wake him up.

"Ah screw it" (Y/n) said, winding up and chucking his arm at him as hard as he could, unfortunately he woke up and slipped out of his seat before the arm hit him, and it sailed past him and smacked a girl in the back of the head.

(Y/n) quickly ducked down under his desk, as Hermione silently laughed at him.

"Professor Bins I'm not feeling well" Harry called loudly running out of the room.

"Hermione do you think you could reach my arm?" (Y/n) whispered to her. She tried halfheartedly, and then shook her head, still silently laughing. "Prat" (Y/n) said.

(Y/n) slowly slid to the ground and half crawled, half wiggled his way over to the girl. "Hey do you think you could pass me that I, uhh dropped it?" He said to her, knowing she wouldn't believe that.

She crossed her arms "and why should I do that? You threw it at me"

"Yeah well in my defense I was aiming at Harry not you"

"Why would you want to hit Harry?" She seemed more angry at this.

"Because he's my friend, can you just hand me the arm"

"You don't seem like a very good friend" she commented.

"Yeah well it's not really your place to say, now would you give me a hand and hand me the hand? Please?"

She sighed at then reluctantly passed his arm back to him. (Y/n) stood up and bowed. "Much thank"

"Weathersby? Would you please sit down" Professor Bins said from the front of the room.

"Sorry professor" (Y/n) said before running back to his seat.

"Five points from Hufflepuff for your interruption, now where were we?" Bins said in his boring tone.

"Do you think he even knows what year it is?" (Y/n) whispered to Hermione as he took his seat.

She shook her head. "I doubt he knows the century" she said with a giggle.

They met up with Harry after class. "Where'd you take her?" Ron asked him.

"To Grubbly Plank, and listen to this" he then explained that he had run into McGonagall and than she said communications into and out of the school were no longer safe.

Later that day they heading up to Divinations, where Trelawney was in a bad mood. She handed out books, well she more of threw them at everyone.

"We'll get started!" Trelawney said angrily.

"Professor? Professor, is everything okay?" Parvati asked in a hushed voice.

"Okay? Okay! Of course everything is okay, it's not like I was insulated, that insinuations were made against me, it's not like accusations were made against me!" Trelawney yelled from her desk.

She spent the rest of the class talking about how Umbridge and the Ministry has insulated her, and that they didn't know what a good teacher was.

(Y/n) was relieved that she spent the class talking instead of actually teaching, as even though he supposedly had some sort of gift, he still found the class to be boring sometime.

The last class, if you could even call it that, they had that day with Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Which they spent of course reading the "bloody ministry approved waste of paper" as (Y/n) and called it.

Finally after that they headed back tot he common room and waited for Sirius.

He had been the one that wrote the letter Hedwig delivered during history of magic. He said he wanted to talk to them in the fire tonight.

After a while Sirius's head finally popped into the fireplace.