Chapter 24: The Eye Thief

Moody gave (Y/n) his arm back, and he and Hermione ran up the stairs to find Harry and Ron.

"Are you okay Harry?" Hermione asked him.

Harry then explained to them what his dream was, and what he had seen.

"Well I mean it was lucky I had that dream" Harry said.

Ron nodded at this, but (Y/n) and Hermione didn't seem to ecstatic about this.

"I don't know Harry, it doesn't seem like a good thing." Hermione said cautiously.

"What'd you mean!" Ron said outraged.

"I know it saved your dad Ron, but what if that's what they wanted" Hermione said to him.

"What?" Harry and Ron asked them in unison.

"Well think about it like this, if someone wanted to deceive you what would be the best way?" (Y/n) asked them. Harry and Ron stared at him blankly.

"They'd make you think they were trying to help you, they'd want you to trust them first, and then they could use that to trick you" (Y/n) explained to them.

"Oh come on (Y/n) you can't really believe that" Ron said to him rolling his eyes.

"It's possible" Hermione said backing him up.

"Yeah course you'd agree with him." Ron said annoyed.

"Harry be careful about those dreams, I think they're trouble" (Y/n) told Harry ignoring Ron.

Harry assured (Y/n) that he would, but (Y/n) could tell he didn't actually agree with him.

Harry was shaken awake early the next morning.

"I'm up I'm up" he moaned, rolling over to see (Y/n) standing over him. "What'd you want?" Harry asked him sounding annoyed.

(Y/n) ignored him and went over and shook Ron awake. "We're going to visit Mr Weasley today" he told them.

Ron seemed to spring up at this, extremely excited about this, and Harry sat up as well.

"That'll be great!" Ron said excitedly.

"Yeah Moody and Tonks are going to be escorting us to Sai-" (Y/n) started but he was cut off by someone shouting.

"(Y/N)! WHERE ARE YOU! YOU LITTLE WEASEl!"

"Shit I didn't think he'd realize" (Y/n) muttered to himself. "If anyone asks you didn't see me!" He said to them before running out of the room.

Harry and Ron looked at each other confused, and started to get dressed. Just as they had finished Moody slammed the door open, holding his wand aloft in front of him.

"Where is he!" He growled at them.

"Where's who?" Ron asked him confused. Harry only just realized that Moody was missing his magical eye.

Harry tried his best but was unable to hold in his laugh.

"You think this is funny boy?" Moody growled "I'll show you funny, just as soon as I catch that little weasel" he turned and walked out the door.

Ron and Harry turned to each other and then burst into laughter. They then walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"What's with Moody?" Harry asked Tonks "he came barging into our room talking about some weasel"

Tonks started laughing and then shook her head. "We're visiting Mr Weasley today, just as soon as Moody finds his eye. Apparently he misplaced it this morning"

"I did not misplace it, he took it. And once I get my hands on him he'll be needing a new eye" Moody growl as he walked into the kitchen.

This only caused Tonks to laugh more. "Have you checked his room?"

"Course I check his bloody room! You think I didn't check his room" he growled at Tonks.

"You know for an ex auror you're having a lot of trouble finding a school boy" Tonks said through her laughs.

"He's not a boy, he's a bloody rat, and once I get my hands on him he'll regret it" Moody growled threateningly.

Fred and George were in the corner of the kitchen laughing their heads off. "You better not be hiding him" Moody growled pointing a gnarled finger at the twins.

Hermione and Ginny then walked into the kitchen. "He's in the cupboard" Ginny said with a yawn.

They heard a loud swear come from a cupboard across the kitchen. (Y/n) emerged from the cupboard covered in dust.

"YOU LITTLE RAT!" Moody shouted, and he charged towards (Y/n). It took the combined efforts of Sirius, Lupin, and Tonks to restrain him, as he struggled towards (Y/n), shouting threats at him.

"Oh come on Ginny why'd you have to tell him." (Y/n) asked her.

"I wanted to see what he'd do to you" Ginny said with a grin that made her looks quite a bit like the twins.

"Oh come on Moody Moo it was a joke" (Y/n) said sticking his tongue out at him. "Honestly it was pretty easy to get, I'm surprised. Hey I've got some advice for you, constant vigilance!"

Moody then lunged at him again, but (Y/n) was able to sidestep him and ran out of the kitchen with Moody chasing after him.

Eventually Moody settled down after having transfigured (Y/n) into a rat, levitated him into the air, and paraded him around the house.

"You're lucky they were here to stop me (L/n), or else you'd be in a lot more pain" Moody growled at (Y/n).

(Y/n) just stuck his tongue out and muttered "totally worth it" to Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

They took the tube to a busy London street, and then walked to an abandoned clothes shop, where Tonks muttered to the mannequin before ushering them quickly through the large window.