Chapter 18: The WHUCWFHATMTFSIWOESWCDO

That day the sent word around that the first meeting would be tomorrow at eight o'clock. When the time arrived, every single cushion was filled with a student eagerly awaiting to learn.

"Well here we are then" Harry said "this is where we'll be practicing"

"This is fantastic" Cho said smiling at Harry. Harry then gave a quick speech to the people around him.

"What Hermione?" He asked as he saw her hand was up.

"I think we ought to select a leader" Hermione said.

"Harry's leader" Cho said quickly, staring daggers at Hermione.

"Yes But I think we should vote properly, it'll make it more formal, and it'll give me authority, so all in favor of Harry?"

Everyone even that git Zacharias Smith stuck their hand into the air. "Er alright thanks. Now then- What Hermione?" Harry asked seeing that her hand was still in the air.

"I also think we should have a name, it would promote a feeling of unity don't you think?" Hermione suggested.

"How about We Hate Umbridge and Can't Wait For Her and the Ministry To Finally Stop Interfering With Out Education So We Can Defend Ourselves" (Y/n) suggested.

"Er I was thinking about something a little shorter" Hermione said.

"How about the Defense Association, or the DA for short" Cho suggested.

"Or how about Dumbledore's army, since that's what Fudge fears the most" Ginny said.

"I don't know I think the" (Y/n) took a deep breath and the said quickly "WHUCWFHATMTFSIWOESWCDO has a nice ring to it"

"Well then all in favor of the DA?" Hermione asked counting the people out there hands in the air.

"And all this in favor of the WHUCFA, WHAFY... (Y/n)'s suggest" Hermione said not able to pronounce the acronym. (Y/n) was the only one to put his hand in the air.

"All right then the DA it is" Hermione said, as (Y/n) crossed his arms and pouted. Hermione pinned the paper with all their names on it to the wall and wrote Dumbledore's Army on the top of it.

"Right then I was thinking we would start with the disarming charm, Expelliarmus, it's a bit basic but it's helped me loa-"

"Oh please" Smith said rolling his eyes. "I don't think Expelliarmus is going to help us against You Know Who do you?"

"I've used it against him. It saved my life" Harry said to him. "But if you think it's below you then by all means go ahead and leave"

Zacharias did not move, nor did anyone else. "Alright then everyone pair up and let's see we're we are" Harry said.

(Y/n) immediately partnered with Hermione, and Harry worked with Neville. The room was soon full of shouts of Expelliarmus, and the sound of wands clattering on the floor.

Hermione easily disarmed (Y/n), and when it was his turn he aimed at Zacharias instead of Hermione, cast the jelly legs curse, and laughed as he suddenly collapsed to floor, letting out of yell of surprise.

(Y/n) thought that Hermione was going to scowled him for that, but when he looked at her she was doing her best not to laugh.

"Alright stop" Harry shouted after a while of practice. "Stop! Alright that wasn't bad but there is room for improvement" he then gave a demonstration and explained a few things about the spell, before letting them practice again, except this time he walked around the room, helping those who needed it.

"Working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more, believing in yourself. Think of it this way every great witch or wizard in history has started out as nothing more then what we are now. Students. If they can do it, why not us?"

(Y/n) was genuinely surprised, this was one of the smartest things he had every heard Harry utter in his life.

By the end of their first meeting everyone had managed to successfully disarm someone, even Neville.

"Alright then that's all for tonight, Umm same time next week?" Harry suggested.

"Sooner!" Someone shouted.

Angelina then chimed in. "We've got quidditch coming up, we need team practices!"

"Alright then we'll keep it for the same time next week and then discuss more meetings then" Harry said to them.

(Y/n), Hermione and Ron waited for Harry as the other people left. "That went rather well didn't it?" Hermione Said.

"Well? That was brilliant!" (Y/n) said. "You're actually not a bad teacher mate"

"Yeah well we're going to have to figure something out for quidditch, that'll limit the number of meetings we can have" Harry said, somewhat downtrodden.

"Well if you're that worried Hermione and I could lead those" (Y/n) suggested "for anyone that wants to come"

"Yeah that could work" Harry said thinking. "That way we can get more meetings in, like twice a week or so."

The DA kept picking up steam after that, with meetings twice a week, one lead by Harry where everyone could attend, and one lead by (Y/n) and Hermione when the houses had quidditch practice.

"Alright then in a duel you need to be quick, always in your toes" (Y/n) said pacing in front of the DA. "People think complex spells are best, and what not, but the simpler the better.

"Most complex spells have long incantations and can be difficult to cast, in the spur of the moment it's best to stick to short spells, stupefy, protego, incendio, depulso and so on.

"These spells are fairly easy to say, and while they're basic with practice they can win you a duel." He quickly pulled out his wand and cast depulso on Zacharias Smith, sending him flying across the room.

"Against a death eater these can be the best spells, they can help you stall them and stop them from using more complex spells, and most of these spells can help you get away from them quickly."

He then demonstrated a few of the spells, and those who didn't some of the spells. "Alright now you know the basics partner up and start dueling. Hands on is the best way to learn, so duel a bit and figure out the spells you're good with."