Chapter 19: The Future

Hermione had also come up with an ingenious way to info members of the next DA meeting.

"So on normal Galleons this serial number refers to the goblin that cast it. On these ones though, that number will change to reflect the date and time of the next DA meeting. The coin will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying it around in your pocket you'll feel it. We will each take one and when Harry sets the date on his coin all of ours will change because I put a Protean charm on it."

They others stared at her in amazement. "Oh umm well I thought it was a good idea" Hermione said quietly.

"You can do a Protean charm?" Terry Boot asked. "That's NEWT magic!"

"Oh yes well I suppose it is." Hermione said.

"How come you're not in Ravenclaw?" He demanded of her.

"Well the sorting hat did consider that, but it decided on Gryffindor in the end" Hermione explained.

"These things are really cool Hermione" (Y/n) said to her. "Although they remind me of the death eater tattoos, except you know less painful and permanent"

"Well that's uh where I got the idea from" Hermione said sheepishly.

Gryffindor's first quidditch match was coming up and because of this (Y/n) and Hermione we're leading more and more meetings, as Angelina was practically having practices daily.

After one of these meetings (Y/n) headed back to the Gryffindor common room. He climbed into his bed, and then decided to do something he hadn't done in a while.

He opened up his trunk, and rummaged around inside of it before pulling out a small glass orb.

This was a crystal ball that he had, technically stolen from the school almost two years ago.

The last time he had looked into it, even thought about it was a year ago. He hadn't seen anything in it then, or the time before that, and so on.

He looked down at the scars on his right hand. He had gotten these the last time he saw something in one of these orbs.

It was during his third year final exam. (Y/n) shuddered and fear washed over him. He would never forget what he saw in that day, and he would do anything he could to prevent it from happening.

He walked back over to his bed and sat down on it and gazed into the orb once more. At first nothing happened all he saw was the strange fog inside the orb, and he nearly put it back into his trunk, when suddenly something caught his eye.

He concentrated on this and suddenly he felt himself being pulled into the orb once more. Suddenly he realized that the fog looked more like smoke than he remembered.

Suddenly the smoke parted and he saw Voldemort inside of it, as though he were flying, although (Y/n) couldn't see the broom that he was riding.

He then saw that he was only a few feet ahead of this Voldemort cloud, flying a broom with Harry behind him, firing spells at Voldemort.

The scene then changed and he saw himself sitting in a train compartment full of people, including Ginny, Neville, Harry, and a very large man, who strangely reminded him of a walrus.

There were also plenty of other people in the compartment, but none that he could name. They appeared to be talking, more accurately the large walrus man seemed to be talking to each of the people in turn.

He saw that his future self seemed to be bored, and for some reason appeared to be muttering with his hand in his robe pocket.

Once more the scene changed, and now he saw himself in what appeared to be a large forest. He was sitting in front of a large old tree.

It looked as though he had something silvery and metallic in his right hand, and it looked as though a bowtruckle was sitting on top of his head. He assumed he had something in his left hand, as it was hidden in front of his future body, so that he couldn't see his arm or what it was holding.

Suddenly the scene changed again and now he was standing with Harry right outside the forbidden forest.

Even though he couldn't hear anything he could almost feel the tension in the air, and he could see the anger in his eyes.

The fog started to close over the image and he felt himself start to be pulled out of the orb, but he though he saw himself slam Harry into a tree just as he was pulled out of the orb.

His mind was racing. "What does all this mean?" He thought to himself.

"Why was I on a broom with Harry, and why the hell was snakey boy chasing us? And when will this happen? God I hate this gift."

"And who was the Walrus? Was the walrus Paul? He must be a new teacher? Hopefully replacing Dolores"

"And what forest was I sitting in, it wasn't the forbidden forest, the canopy was too thin, and the tree coverage too little, so it must be a different forest, but where? And why? And how? And why'd I have a bloody bowtruckle on my head?"

"And then there was the argument with Harry, it has to happen soon, I mean both he and me, future me, look the same as we do now, so it has to be soon, but what about?"

He put the orb back into his trunk and lay down in bed trying, and failing to fall asleep. He had too many questions in his head, and zero answers for any of them.

Only time would tell the truth about what will, or would happen.