Chapter 25: Saint Mungo's

They waited in line for a bit and then headed towards Mr Weasley's ward.

"Well I'll uh wait out here" (Y/n) said as the Weasleys filed into the room, Harry nodded along with him.

"Nonsense" Mrs Weasley said pulling Harry into the room. "He'll want to see you, and you too (Y/n), I'm sure it'll brighten his day."

(Y/n) awkwardly shuffled his way into the room, and stood a bit behind the others, not feeling too comfortable. He felt as though he was interrupting a family moment.

"Hello!" Mr Weasley called throwing aside the Daily Prophet, beaming at everyone in the room. "Bill just left, Molly, he had to get back to work, but he says he'll drop by later"

Mrs Weasley bent down and kissed mr Weasley on the cheek. "How are you feeling Arthur?"

"I feel perfectly fine" he said pulling Ginny into a one armed hug. "If only they could take the bandages off I'd be fit to go home."

"Why can't they take them off dad?" Fred asked him.

"Well I start bleeding and just keep on bleeding and bleeding" he replied cheerfully, grabbing his wand and waving it so that chairs appeared for everyone to sit on.

"I have to take a blood replenishing potion every hour, some unusual poison in its fangs, they're sure they'll find an antidote though. They say they've had much worse cases than mine." He explained to them still smiling cheerfully.

Mr Weasley talked with his children for a while, but (Y/n) not wanting to intrude on the family he sat in his chair and simply listened.

After a while Fred finally brought up what everyone was thinking. "So, are you going to tell us what happened dad?"

"Well you already know don't you, a great big snake attacked me, snuck up on me while I was dozing" Mr Weasley said still smiling, although his smile seemed to falter slightly.

"You were guarding it weren't you?" Fred asked lowering his voice.

"The weapon, the thing you know who wants?" George asked jumping in.

"Fred, George, that's enough!" Mrs Weasley whisper shouted to the twins.

"Well have you heard Willy was caught selling biting door knobs to muggles, I don't think he'll be able to get out if this one, according to the Prophet two muggles have lost fingers."

Fred and George kept on pestering Mr Weasley for information about what happened, and eventually Mrs Weasley snapped at them. "That's enough boys! Now Mad-Eye, and Tonks are outside and I think they would like a word. Steven wasn't able to come, but he hopes to drop by soon."

When they exited the room, and they others had closed the door Fred started to rummage around in his pocket.

"Looking for these?" George asked him pulling out a tangle of flesh colored strings. "Let's see if Saint Mungo's puts imperturbable charms on their doors, shall we?"

Fred and George handed out the strings to each of the people present. "Alright then" Fred said, throwing his flesh colored string under the door, everyone followed suit.

(Y/n) stuck the string into his ear, and at first he heard nothing, then suddenly he heard Tonks voice as clearly as if she was standing right next to him.

"They searched the whole area, but they couldn't find the snake anywhere, it seemed as though it just vanished right after it attacked you Arthur."

"I reckon it was sent as a lookout" (Y/n) heard Moody's familiar growl. "I reckon he's trying to get a clearer picture of what he's facing and if Arthur hadn't been there the beast would've had much more time to look around. So Potter saw the whole thing happen?"

"Yes" Mrs Weasley's slightly worried voice said. "You know Dumbledore seems almost to have been waiting for Harry to see something like this..."

"Yeah well there's something strange about that Potter boy isn't there?" Moody growled.

"Dumbledore seemed worried about Harry when I spoke to him" Mrs Weasley commented.

"Course he's worried the boy's seeing things from inside You Know Who's snake. Obviously, Potter doesn't realize what this means but if You Know Who is possessing him-"

(Y/n) saw that Harry pulled his string out of his ear. (Y/n) missed the next part of what they said as he was concerned with Harry.

His face was extremely pale, and he looked furious. A few others in the group also pulled their strings out to console Harry, but (Y/n) left his in and was able to catch this.

"Dumbledore said that (Y/n) has a gift, that he could see things" Mrs Weasley said in a hushed voice.

"So he things You Know Who is going to try to use him for his own gains?" Tonks asked.

"That's what Dumbledore's afraid of, says that the boy can see the future not through his own means though." Moody growled. "He thinks You Know Who would torture him to try to get him to see the future for him, not caring that he can't control it"

"I always knew there was something about him, something unique" Mr Weasley said thoughtfully.

"So is Dumbledore... does he... does he want to use (Y/n) to our advantage? To try and get him to see the future for us?" Tonks asked tentatively.

"Not yet, Dumbledore just wants to make sure he doesn't get capture by You Know Who" Moody growled. "Says if He Who Must Not Be Named finds out about his gift he'd do anything to get his hand on the boy"

At this point (Y/n) pulled the string out of his ear. "How does Dumbledore know? How does he know about the things I see?" He thought to himself.