Jennie

"Eomma! Eomma wake up! You can't sleep here! Let's go to your room. Eomma! Eomma please wake up! You're scaring me! Eomma! It's not funny! Appa! Eonni! Oppa!" I screamed as I shook my mother who had collapsed in the garden. Mrs. Im came running out followed by my brother and father. "Appa! Eomma won't get up!" I cried as I hugged her. "Jin take your sister upstairs" Appa said through tears as he called the ambulance. Oppa picked me up as I thrashed "No! Wanna stay with Eomma!Let go! Eomma! Oppa please!" I cried as he took me in. I kept shouting for my mother as he held me close and stared at the closed door of my room. We heard the sirens of an ambulance. I could hear voices and I could feel that Oppa's hold on me was weak. I pulled away and ran to out and down the stairs to see some people over my mothers body. I panicked at unfamiliar faces and shouted"No stay away from Eomma" Oppa who had followed me out of the room grabbed on to me. We were both on the floor as I struggled out of his grip.

 The man shook his head "She's gone." He said as my father broke down and my brother went slack as tears streamed down his face. They placed my mother in a bag and took her away as Eonni held onto me and my brother "Eomma! Eonni where are they taking her! Stop them! Appa! Do something!" To my five year old mind nothing made sense. 

I had never seen my father cry before. I sobbed and begged them while Jin screams echoed through the house. He sounded broken. His painful screams shook everyone.

I woke up with tears. "Eomma!" I whispered in a low voice. People expected me to have forgotten her. It had been 15 years yet I still remembered that day. I remembered how all the color drained from our lives. I remember how my father cried for the first time and how my brothers screams echoed in the mansion. I remembered the funeral. I remembered the day I realized that the house I called my kingdom was broken and the woman we called our queen was gone. I cried for a bit before wiping as I remembered my mothers words "A princess doesn't cry."

I walked into the kitchen and found everyone already there. I ignored everyone as I sat down and finished my breakfast. "Jen, the boys called. They said you weren't picking up your phone. They will be a few days late so instead of in three days they'll be here in a week" Mr. Oh said as I nodded my head. 

The boys had been staying here for 2 weeks now.

I stayed quiet the whole meal and I could see that Jin was looking at me. We made eye contact and I froze. Jin had Eommas eyes and Appas hair while I had Appas eyes and Eommas hair. 

I could feel tears coming in my eyes so I got up and ran up to my room and slammed the door shut and slid down against it as I burst into tears "WAE!!!" I screamed "Wae Eomma, Why did you leave us?" I cried as I buried my face in my hands. The door opened and my brother walked in. Seeing me like that he rushed forward and hugged me "Why did she leave Oppa? Didn't she love us?" I asked as I buried my face in his chest. 

I would have pushed him away but right now I wanted to forget that. I wanted my brother. The one who would tuck me in. Who told me stories. Checked my bed and closet for monsters. Took me out. Comforted me after nightmares. 

"She did Jen. Eomma loved both of us and she never wanted to leave us." He said as he soothed my hair "Then why would she leave?" I asked again. "Which flower do you pick in a garden?" He asked as I sniffled. "Now stop crying, remember what Eomma said "Princesses don't cry, it makes us look ugly." he said as we laughed but I burst into tears again as he hugged me

I savored the familiar feeling that I had gotten so used to. One that my heart ached for for 7 years. Soon I fell asleep in the familiar embrace. When I woke up he had left the room. Part of me was glad that he had left, part of me wished that he had stayed. 

My mind was in an endless war. Part of me wanted to believe that he cared, a part of me thought that he was pretending and I had to remind my self everything that happened.

I went downstairs to find Eonni in the kitchen as usual. I hugged her as she pecked my cheek and gave me my lunch, through which I had slept, being to tired from crying. "Jen, your mom called" Eonni said as my ears perked up "Really!? What did she say?" I asked "She told me that they were taking Jisoo to London and wanted to ask if you wanted anything?" I shook my head "Appa said he would visit this weekend." I mumbled. "I know hun, he sent his love and said he would visit as soon as they came back." I nodded as I went to the lounge.

"Hey Jen!" V called out as he saw me. I smiled as I sat on the couch farthest from Jin. "Are you free today?" Jimin asked pausing the game he was playing. I nodded as Hoseok continued "Perfect, we're gonna have a dance battle today." I smiled as we all headed to the basement.