✞ T W O ✞

CHAPTER TWO ; EARLY MORNINGS

BETH WOKE UP WITH A BANG, as John Shelby threw open the door to Tommys room in a panic. "Tommy! Tommy! Wake up!" John yelled, frantically looking around. "I can't find Beth, she's not in her room-." Beth sat up tiredly, her hair looking wild and unbrushed as she yawned. John eyes widened as he let out a loud howl of laughter. "Ada! Ada! Come quick-." He yelped through his laughter, both Tommy and Beth glaring at him. "What's the yelling for-." Ada huffed, her words cut short as her eyes widened staring at Tommy and Beth. "No way! Finally!"

Beth couldn't help but let out a grumble, it was too early for John and Ada's teasing and she'd never been a morning person. "About bloody time!" John grinned, clapping his hands in excitement. "Arthur-." John began but Tommy had stood up out of bed with a groan. "Out. Both of you out now." Ada and John stumbled into the hallway with laughter, Johns yells still echoing around the hallway as he attempted to find Arthur. "God he's so noisy." Beth grumbled, falling back to the warm sheets as Tommy began to pull on his suit. "Do you want me to bring you some tea?"

Beth could help but laugh, the most notorious gang member in Small Heath was standing there offering her a cup of tea. "Yes please Tommy." He could only nod, making his way out of the bedroom and down the stairs. "Never mind change of bloody plans. Get up. We're going to the Garrison. Arthur's downstairs he's got jumped by coppers last night." Tommy grumbled, joking back up the stairs. Beth could only huff, sitting out of bed with a frown as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Is he okay?" Tommy glanced over at her, his eyes trailing down to her bare thighs as he shrugged.

Standing up, Beth began to stretch like a cat, Tommy watching her with a heavy look in his eyes. "Are you okay?" Beth grinned, her tone teasing. Tommy only shrugged once again and held a hand out to her, one in which she took not realising his intentions. Pulling her into his chest, Tommy reached his free hand up, unclasping the clip that held her hair up, watching her blonde hair fall down her back. "Leave your hair done. I prefer it that way." Beth's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red, her mouth falling open slightly as they stared at each other. "Go get dressed then."

Beth could only nod, tearing herself away from his hold. Nodding to herself she made her way across the hall, sure her face was a shade of bright red. As soon as her bedroom door had closed, she leaned against it, attempting to regain her breathing. Letting out a huff, she made her way to the wardrobe and picked out an outfit for the day, quickly slipping it on. She watched her reflection in the mirror slightly, her pale and clear complexion staring back at her with slight bags under her eyes. Her blonde hair ran down her back as Tommy had requested in light waves.

A loud knock echoed through the room, Beth gasping as the door flung open to reveal John Shelby who stood peaky through his fingers with a cheeky smile. "Shout if you're naked." He teased, the both of them bursting into a fit of laughter. "Like you'd care if I was naked. It's never stopped you barging through my room before." Beth smiled in sarcasm, shooting John a playful glare. "Why are you in here to bother me?" She questioned, raising her eyebrows skeptically. "Unless you enjoy me in the mornings?" John scoffed loudly shaking his head. "Nobody likes you in the bloody mornings." Beth scoffed, crossing her arms. "Why are you here again? Other than to insult me of course."

"Your boyfriend says 'get downstairs now or he's leaving without you'." John ordered, trying to keep a laugh from escaping his lips as he mimicked Tommys deep voice. Beth grumbled, not bothered to correct John and picked up her cream jacket pulling it over her shoulders she tied a ribbon at the front. She walked around John, fixing her hair behind her ears as she thudded softly down the stairs of their home in Watery Lane, where Polly and Tommy stood talking by the front door. "About bloody time." Tommy grumbled. Beth huffed, rolling her eyes as she walked through the conversation toward the front door. "Cmon Tommy, if your in such a bloody rush let's not waste any more or your precious time."