✞ T W E N T Y ✞

CHAPTER TWENTY ; MRS. ADDISON

BETH'S EYES FLUTTERED open and she let out an angry grumble. Tommy chuckled into her ear pulling her body closer to his. He had just stripped and climbed into the bed beside her in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep with the guilt he made his way over to Beth's and crawled into her bed. Tommy placed his lips to her cheek and even though the words were never said Beth knew that was his thank you, I love you.

"I'm sorry for getting mad." Tommy murmured against her skin. Beth grinned reached her hand back to run over his cheek softly. "I know Tom I know." His teeth tugged at her ear softly and as much as Beth wanted sex she couldn't ensure that she wouldn't vomit with the thoughts of the two IRA men she and Tommy had killed fresh in her mind. "Not tonight love, I might end up vomiting on you." She mumbled turning around to nuzzle her nose against his.

Tommy laughed tangling his hand into his hair. "Have you slept at all?" Beth shook her head no. "I was too busy waiting for you." She teased. Tommy grinned into her shoulder. "You sure you don't want sex tonight?" He taunted. Beth let out a loud snort of laughter slapping Tommy. "Okay John, it's time for bed." Tommy growled at the sound of his brothers name and Beth simply pulled him into a rough kiss, which Tommy gladly gave back.

Beth pulled away first panting slightly. "I'm messing with you Tom, calm down. John says thank you." She let out a small giggle turning around and closing her eyes leaving a dumbfounded Tommy. "Goodnight Tom."

Beth served a fresh pint of beer to a man at the counter and grinned widely turning to Grace. "It's good to be back Grace." Beth chuckled. "Are you telling me you missed this? I wouldn't have thought that considering you never come to work." Grace joked, sliding a glass of rum towards Bethany. Beth chuckled smiling widely as she pushed the glass of rum to another customer, taking the shillings from his hand she turned around to put the money into the register.

Beth placed the money into the cashier and turned around to see Harry leaned against the counter looking at her. Beth's eyebrows raised as she leaned against the counter. "What's been bothering you Harry?" Harry coughed awkwardly and leaned closer to Beth. "My brother in Digbeth just said the police are coming down from Deritend in numbers. Asking for Tommy Shelby by name." He informed. Beth's happy smile fell from her face and she rolled her eyes. "Fuck sake Tom."

The Garrison doors opened and Beth glared at Tommy as he walked over to the back door and nodded at Beth to follow him. Beth spared a last glance at Harry before following behind Tommy closing the door behind her. "I'm going to have to lie low for a while." Tommy began. Beth gave him a glare and gestured her hand got him to continue. "I lost my bargaining power."  Beth's hands instantly found her hair brushing through it in stress. "You mean the guns? The guns that were buried in Danny Whizzbangs grave instead of his body?"

"Yes. This copper, it's just me and him now. When I get back, I'm going to tell you some things." Tommy nodded. "Harry said the police are already in Digbeth." Beth snapped, taking Tommy's hand into her own. "Tom, they're not looking for me you took a massive chance coming here. Why?" Tommy's eyes softened as he squeezed Beth's hand. "I had to see you." The door to the back room burst open, hitting the wall harshly. Finn stood in the doorframe panting. "The police are in the lane, Tommy."

Beth pulled Finn into her side into a quick hug. "Thank you Finn, Tommy you come with me." Tommy followed Beth out the back door of the pub as they rushed out onto the cold streets of Small Heath. "Where are we going?" Tommy asked letting Beth pull him through alleyways. "Well we cant go to Pols and my place is definitely getting searched so I think I know somewhere we can go."  Tommy nodded slowly. Beth pulled Tommy down as far as he had ever been to in the rows of houses in Small Heath until they reached the end house.