Chapter 30

Chapter 30

On the last month of spring season, my restaurant was completely prepared to serve its customers. I couldn't believe it! I made it!

It is really true that it's hard to love something we don't like. But the word hard won't exist if you will take it slowly. You'll cry. You'll be sad. But it is just temporary. The step-by-step process doesn't exist for nothing.

Ang lahat ng bunga ay matamis. Lalong lalo na kung pinaghihirapan, kung hindi minamadali.

First day of summer season, my resto held a soft opening. Lahat ng imbitado ay dumalo maliban kay Flint. Bumalik siya ng Pilipinas pansamantala. Ang sabi niya sa akin ay sa grand opening ceremony ng resto, narito na siya.

Ngunit magsisimula na ang speech ko, walang bakas na Flint sa paligid.

I took a vast breath before I addressed my speech in front of many people.

"Kazahana House Irasshaimase! (Welcome to Kazahana House!) Thank you to each and every one of you for being here with us today! As some of you know, I have already started my business in Nakanoshima, the same branch. So obviously, this is the second," I chortled a little, trying to make everything light.

I scanned the crowd. He was still not there.

I resumed. "Today, we celebrate the grand opening of Kazahana's second branch! We are so thankful to so many of you, who have been with us since day one."

I saw my mommy wave her hand, yelling her own name. We laughed at her ridiculous brag.

"My name is Sonya Auryn Fontanilla, the owner and the founder of Kazahana House," I flashed a confident smile.

"She's my bestfriend!" I heard Juliet's scream somewhere.

"I would like to introduce a few special persons to you. First, my parents, Dyna and Christopher Fontanilla. Even though, we had some misunderstandings, I'm still thankful for everything you two had done for me. Next, to my ever supportive friends, Juliet, Rum... a-and... F-Flint," I swallowed hard. "Thank you!"

"Ribbon cutting na! Uutal ka pa, eh," Juliet went to my side, holding Rum's hand.

Umusog ako nang bahagya at tumabi kila mommy at daddy. The manager of the restaurant handed me a big scissors. Ibinuka ko iyon at itinapat sa ribbon na hawak-hawak ni Juliet at Rum sa magkabilang gilid.

"One, two, three!" the photographer in front clicked the camera.

After taking dozen of pictures, I finally cut the ribbon. The horde outside the restaurant cheered my name and gave me an applause.

I scanned the crowd once again. He was still not there.

Iniabot ko ang gunting na hawak sa manager ng restaurant.

"Tour them inside for less than ten minutes then serve the foods. Are the foods all ready?"

"Yes, ma'am," she bowed a little. 

I thanked everyone for the last time before I went out of the restaurant. Some of them talked to me before going inside. I smiled widely when I saw the influencer I invited, looking so bored. I thought she wouldn't come!

"Soraya!" I poked her shoulder and then laughed.

"Ew!" she grimaced.

"Arte! Malinis akong tao! Malinis ang kamay ko 'no!"

"Who knows?" she flipped her hair. "Baka mamaya ay humawak ka sa butt mo."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Anyway, I won't stay long. I have a photo shoot later."