Epilogue

First attempt to create a novel, done. Thousands of thank yous will never be enough for me to show my deepest, sincerest and undying gratitude to everyone who stayed in spite of this novel's lack and flaws. Please bear in mind that you are always appreciated. 

Epilogue

"Uuwi ka na naman sa America, Kuya?" Dan, my younger cousin, asked.

I was fixing my things in my room when he went inside. I lifted my gaze at him and nodded slowly. When he saw me nod, he leaned onto the door and crossed his arms.

"Bakit? Isang taon ka pa lang naririto..."

"They caught me..." I answered, chuckling.

"Nahuli? Nino? Nila tita? Ano'ng ibig mong sabihin?"

I looked away from him and eyed the baggage in front instead.

Nahuli nila na Architecture ang inaaral ko rito sa Pilipinas. My father wanted me to take any course that is related to Business because he will soon pass his responsibilities in our company to me. He let me go to this country because he was confident that I will obey him. Silly me. Silly parents. I did not.

Ngayon ay agad akong pinapabalik sa Amerika upang... ano pa ba... pagalitan siguro ako at ipagshift ng kurso. If ever, I just wasted a year.

At kung paano nila akong nahuli sa pagsuway ko, hindi na iyon palaisipan para sa akin. The Vidaleses are so powerful that they sometimes disgust me.

"Why do you ask? Are you that bored that you want to know the every information in my life?" I asked, avoiding his eyes.

"Damot nito! Kapag ikaw nagtanong sa akin, hindi din kita sasagutin!"

I zipped my luggage and stood up. I smirked at him.

"And what would I ask you?"

He shrugged. "Tungkol sa babae?"

"I will never ask anyone for help when it comes to girls. I know I can get them my way," I said, tone filled with haughtiness.

He rolled his eyes at me and then walked out. I resumed arranging my belongings when someone at the back asked me. I forced myself not to crane my neck but the strangeness in the voice made me curious.

My eyes narrowed as I stared at the girl standing on a foot. Bahagya pa akong nagulat sa distansya namin. Nakaramdam ako ng inis dahil sa pumasok siya sa aking silid nang walang paalam ngunit hinayaan ko na lang. Para bang... puwede naman.

"I'm asking you..." she asked, voice so soft that made me want to sleep.

I shook my head in bewilderment. What the hell am I thinking... I stood straight and faced her. My eyes started to wander around her body.

She is tall. That was what I first noticed. Next was her jet black hair and pitch black eyes that made her fair skin look better. Her small but pointed nose seemed like it was mestiza's. I lowered my gaze to her plump and almost red lips. I swallowed hard when my stares at it became longer than expected.

Before I looked away, I took a glimpse of her chest.

It is flat.

Over all, she is not my type.

"Pardon, I didn't hear you. Can you repeat it?" I sat on the bed, still facing her.

"May girlfriend ka na?" she asked slowly.

I laughed at her ridiculous question.

"I don't do girlfriends. They are just a pain in my ass..."