11

Tawny woke up early the next morning, taking a quick shower and getting dressed. He pulled out his phone, sending a quick text to Becca. Checking up on her and telling her he'd definitely swing by after work.

He soon went on his way to work the 11 hour shift at the coffee shop. Going between brewing coffees and restocking the books on the book shelves.

Becca slept most of the day before finally waking up, she turned on blairs tv and watched some Netflix while she looked at her phone. She smiled seeing the notification,  then sighed when she looked around her brothers room. 

🦉Tawny🦉

• Hey when you were over did you see blairs cologne? I cant find it but I smell it and I need it or well want it sounds better.

She messaged back eventually and got up putting the hoodie back in the closet with the others to get a diffrent one that still smelled like him. She chewed her lip closing the door locking it hearing her mother out in the kitchen not wanting to be bothered becca returned to the bed and covered up.Tawny had a break for lunch so he went to his locker in the back room, grabbing his phone. Noticing a text from Becca.

He read it and responded.

🐼Becca🐼

• I don't think so, maybe you accidentally placed it in the box you gave me... I can call my brother and ask if he can look in there.

Tawny then shoved his phone in his pocket walking outside out back to get a breath of fresh air.

🦉Tawny🦉

• Eh,its okay I guess I'll keep looking. It should have been on the dresser but things just keep disappearing or I'm just loosing my mind.  My moms home I'll probably just go back to sleep.

Becca rolled over and closed her eyes again and sighed.Tawny looked at the message and frowned, responding with:

🐼Becca🐼

• Hmm, alright. Well maybe I can sneak you out and we can go to the bakery or something.

Tawny then sat back against the wall, leaning his head back. He grabbed something to eat not too long later and has to go back to his shift.

Stocking the Erotica section, having to place a couple on top. Not knowing where his coworker placed the step ladder. Tawny, being the short male he was. He stood on his tiptoes trying to place the books on the shelf. He pulled his attention away for a second thinking the books were secured, sadly they weren't. Becca didnt even answer as she went back to sleep curled up in the blankets.

Blair wondered around the shelves of books, he hadn't realized tawny worked there until now. He'd used to pop in and out when he was alive to look at a few books here and there but never really stayed long.

Spotting tawny he went to approach him when something else caught tawnys attention, pulling blairs attention closer he saw the books starting to tumble over. Blair rushed closer without even thinking of anything else other than just not wanting tawny hurt he shoved himself towards tawny pushing him out of the way as the books clattered down straight through Blair himself. He knelt to tawny touching his hand, "holy shit are you okay?"

Tawny a little shaken up by what happened, finally registering that Blair was touching him.

Tawny looked at the hand placement, wide eyed that Blair's hand felt so real.

"B-Blair?" He whispered, meeting the male's eyes.

Blair looked at him with worry filled eyes then looked at their hands just as tawny did, his thumb slowly ran over tawnys knuckles before he slowly pulled his hand away, "w..why didn't it go through.." he muttered lowly and replaced his hand before looking into tawnys eyes.

Tawny looked at Blair, "Uhm... I - I don't know..." he trailed off.

Tawny slowly rose to his feet, meeting Blair's eyes. He raised a hand up to the taller male's face, gently placing a hand to his cheek. Caressing it lightly, a light gasp leaving the shorter male's mouth upon touching the ice cold skin.

He pulled away looking at his hand then looked back at Blair when his coworker called out for him.

"Tawny?" She asked.

"Huh, huh?" He asked looking at her, when he turned back to Blair... he was already gone.

Blair watched tawnys hand before his cheek lent into the warmth of the touch, his eyes fluttered slightly before his attention snapped to the other voice beside them and in a panick he dissapeared.Tawny frowned, he picked up the stray books that fell and carried on about his day.

Finally getting off of work, he hadn't received a text back from Becca but he knew he should still go check in on her. He walked the route to her house, blinking and he was there the walk wasn't that long.

There wasn't a car in the drive again, making him believe that the mom had left again.

He pulled his fingers through his fluffy brown hair and approached the door. Ultimately deciding he was going to tell Becca about Blair and how he could see ghosts.

Knowing she deserved to know everything. He raised his fist to the door and knocked, shoving his hands in his pockets upon waiting for the door to open.
Becca rolled over hearing the door, she wasnt going to get up before it sounded again. She got up and left the room looking out the small window, seeing it was tawny she opened the door and looked sleepily at him, "what time even is it," she muttered grabbing his wrist pulling him inside."Mm... uh 6:30," Tawny said letting Becca pull him into the house.

"Did you just wake up or somethin?" He asked.

"Yeah you woke me up. Ima go back to sleep. Wanna join," she yawned pushing her messy hair back

"O-oh... i'm sorry, uhm if you'd like me to..." Tawny said shyly.