28

Tommy nodded, handing him the bottle of water.

"G-good...he uhm never knows when to take a break..." he said sitting in one of the chairs by the window.

He then looked at Tawny, "I assume you two are together?" He asked now looking at Blair.

Blair gently took it setting it beside him, "thank you and yeah hes pretty stubborn. I learned that the hard way," he softly looked at tommy and nodded, "yeah..I uh I was going to ask him officially to be my boyfriend tomorrow over dinner, but I'll hold off on that until hes actually strong enough,"

Tommy finally broke his first smile all day. He nodded, "I'm happy for you both. You probably explain why he's been acting like himself again lately, I think you bring out his happiness..."

" hes pretty damn unique, it's what I like about him. " he said gently and smiled a little to himself before he looked down at his phone that started to ring. "Sorry I gotta get this," he said and stood up walking to the door so he didnt possibly wake tawny, "hey bec no, I wont be home to cook.. but theres left overs or i can order something for you. You need to eat, no buts i mean it. Yeah I'm with him, I'll tell you later hes asleep right now. Yes I'll let him know when he wakes up. Yeah .. I know. Okay becca, keep the doors locked...okay? No dont touch that...Becca shipman.." he paused and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Okay kid. I'll see you soon, I love you..bye, piccola farfalla. "

Tommy had moved his chair closer to the hospital bed. Looking over his younger brother.

He frowned, moving the hair from the smaller male's face.

That's when two nurses came in to come check his vitals and distribute more morphine for the pain.

Tommy shifted out of the way letting them do their job.

One nurse gently held onto his shoulder in attempt to wake him up.

"Tawny, could you wake up for us really quick. We need to check you darling..." one of the nurses said.

A small murmur came from Tawny's mouth, a few moments later and his eyes slowly opened.

The nurses started doing there thing and Tawny let off a soft grunt in pain.

Tommy frowned at the noise, not liking his little brother hurting.

"I know I know, we'll be quick and you'll feel a little better honey..." the other nurse said.

The did what they needed to do and helped the male readjust in the bed. His breathing was labored for a good bit until the pain began to get numbed again.

Starting to doze off again, one of the nurses left the room.

The other turned to Blair and Tommy.

"Are you both staying overnight? I can fetch blankets and pillows for you both."

Blair stood against the wall by the foot of the bed now watching them work, he snapped out of his thoughts and nodded gently.  "I honestly dont plan on going anywhere," he said gently and then looked at tommy

Tommy nodded, "Me too..." he muttered lowly.

The nurse smiled and said, "Sure thing I'll be right back."

Blair softly nodded and moved taking a seat on the other side of the bed and took tawnys hand in his own kissing his knuckles.

Tawny slept the rest of the night, minus him waking up slightly to whine in pain. 

Tommy had to leave for work so he had left a note for Blair.

Blair had fallen asleep on a chair that was pulled to the side of the bed. Tawny had woken up right after Tommy left, placing a pillow under Blair's head.

He trailed his fingers through the male's hair.

Blair shifted at the feeling lightly leaning into the touch. His eyes slowly opening as he looked up at tawny and closed his eyes again lightly laying his head on the side of tawnys bed.

"H-hey..." Tawny smiled gently.

"Hey, how long have you been up? Do you need anything?" He asked softly and looked up at him

Tawny shook his head, "I'm o-ok and only-y t-ten minutes-s..." he said blinking and focusing his breathing.

Blair softly took his hand in his, "take it slow my love,"

Tawny frowned and nodded, "H-hurts..." he whispered, bringing Blair's hand to his face. Resting it there.

Blair gently cupped his cheek and moved himself up and gently kissed his head and settled again, "I know baby I wish I could do something to help," he said lowly.

Tawny slightly shifted, a smile gracing his lips upon Blair's touch.

"W-wait... have you went home yet?" Tawny whispered.

He shook his head, "no? Why?" He said running his thumb over his knuckles.

Tawny sucked in a breath, stifling a cough.

"M' fine, y-you should check on B-Bec-ca," he squeezed his eyes shut before he decided to stop talking altogether.

"I have and she understands. " he said gently and frowned, "slow breath baby, do you want me to get a nurse?"

"Mm-mm-may-b-be," Tawny winced.

Blair grumbled and pressed the nurse call button and sighed, he gently caressed his cheek.

Two nurses came in not long after.

Asking Blair to move aside, they checked Tawny again. Checking his wounds and repatching them, afterwards they gave him some pain medications.

Requesting him to give himself a rest and try not to talk as much.

Also saying that lunch wouldn't be too long, before leaving the room again.

Tawny's eyes were closed waiting for the medicine to kick in. Wondering how long it'd take for him to get out of there. He frowned and looked at Blair.

Blair stood in the corner staring out the window as he frowned, he was deep in thought before he looked at tawny and walked back to his side taking a seat.

He looked at his phone and then tawny, "becca said hi and that she misses you, guess I'm not the only one overly attached." He said softly taking his hand.