Goldie

I quietly park the motorcycle that I 'borrowed' from JJ by that I mean I snatched the keys off of the counter while he was asleep in the couch.

Sneaking out was easy but sneaking in not as much.

I pull the key out of the ignition I slip my shoes off so I don't make any noise sneaking back inside.

It was the early hours of the morning around 4am I assume.

I slowly open the screen door and close it then I tip toe to the front door.

As soon as I open it I'm met with JJ standing in front of me.

I look up at him "Hey.............how y'all doing?" I say while tucking a piece of hair behind my hair like Debbie Ryan. "Stealing my bike Goldie?" He questions as I push past him to get inside.

"No you were just asleep when I was about to leave and I figured you wouldn't mind" I shrug then hand him his keys.

"Ask next time" he tells me seriously "Yeah, yeah now go back to bed" I shove his shoulder and I walk to my room him following behind me.

"Where'd you go?" He asks leaning against my doorway "what?" I ask throwing my shoes on the floor.

"You mysteriously took my bike to go somewhere. And I want to know where you went" he states I roll my eyes I knew if we kept talking my brother would question me along side his best friend.

"If you must know I had a dick appointment with a kook. Now I would like to go to bed before John B gives me a lecture on how I shouldn't sneak out to have sex with random guys. So I truly do love you the most and goodnight my good sir" I tell him smiling and I close the door.

Let me tell you something about Outerbanks. It's a small island divided into two tribes. You either have two jobs or two houses.

The kooks. They're the trust fund baby's of the island. They have never had to work a day in their lives and they live on the side of the island we call figure eight.

Then we have me and my friends the pogues. We live in the cut and we are the working class. Now from your stand point you're probably thinking 'oh being a kook sounds way more fun then being a pogue' but you are very wrong my friend. Us pogues throw amazing parties and we are tons of fun.

Being a kook is just going to a preppy private school and dressing like your in gossip girl or some shit.

"I love you too Goldie" JJ says on the other side of the closed door. I smile to myself then I flop on my bed and fall asleep.

****

I strum my guitar attempting to play 'adore you' by my king Harry Styles.

I look up and see my older brother John B attempting to balance on the edge of the roof of a house that was under construction in figure eight.

Before we continue let me introduce you to the squad.

So first we have John B. My older brother only by a year though. He's also the leader of the group. Basically long story short he's the main character. He's always there for me and honestly the best big brother anyone could ask for but don't tell him that his ego will get bigger.

Then we have Pope. He's the brains of the operation he's even going for a merit scholarship which I know he's is going to get. He's the smartest person I know and the most book smart of the group.

Next is JJ. JJ is something else. I guess you can say he's the crazy one of the group. Never hesitating to do something that will leave you questioning his sanity. He's definitely an amazing smoking buddy. Also he's the best surfer I know but just don't tell him that.