You committed arson without me?

"So basically you're saying that you committed arson without me?" I ask slightly offended. Kie, Pope, JJ and I are helping Mr. Heyward with the shop.

"I'm deadass offended like you guys know it's my dream" I tell them "Don't worry goldie, the next time we light public property on fire we'll be sure to notify you" Pope says sarcastically. "As you should" I tell him.

I haven't seen John B since yesterday and I'm kind of worried but I know that he can hold his own even if they did take him to foster care.

"Don't let it get it your head though. Two of them and three of us" JJ tells Pope "Ouch" I say putting my hand over my heart "Four" JJ corrects smiling at me.

"That's some typical kook shit right there" Kie says "Agreed" I tell her.

"What was your thought process, using your head?" JJ asks Pope. "I don't know man, I just kinda acted off instinct. I was a cornered animal" Pope tells the group and I laugh. "What animal a hedgehog?" I ask laughing and Pope frowns.

I squish his face with my hands "Don't worry Pope I'm just teasing you" I tell him and he smacks my hands away I stick my tongue out at him then walk back over to JJ.

"Hey Pope, there's someone in here to see you" Heyward says and Officer Shoupe walks out.

"Shit" I mumble I duck behind the counter if he saw me he would take me. JJ looks down at me with concern 'It'll be fine' I mouth trying to reassure both of us.

"Evening officer" Pope says setting down whatever he was holding. I back into the corner behind the counter to stay hidden better. "I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property" Shoupe says to Pope.

Shoupe peers over the counter looking at me I shut my eyes tightly "If I can't see you, you can't see me" I tell him then I open my eyes and he's still peering over the counter looking at me.

"Get up Marigold, I'm not here for you right now" he says to me and I sigh in relief. I stand up and walk over to JJ "Hands up where I can see them" Shoupe tells Pope.

I grab JJ's hand harshly and I squeeze it to focus all of my nerves in one place.

Pope looks at JJ wanting him to do something.

"Young lady get out of my way" Shoupe tells Kie because she moved in front of Pope in an attempt to protect him.

I couldn't let Pope take the fall for this.

"Woah Shoupe what'd he do?" Heyward questions with panic in his voice.

"Look at the warrant" Shoupe told him as if it was nothing.

"You're arresting him?" Kie asks wide eyed. This could ruin his life.

"You're arresting my boy?" Heyward shouts "Be careful!" Kie yells at Shoupe.

"Shoupe are you listening to me" Heyward questions as the handcuffs clasp around Pope's wrist.

"How much do they pay you man?" JJ questions trying to reason I look at Pope "You're going to fine, ok? I'm gonna get you out of this" I tell him and he just looks like a deer in head lights.

We follow them out door.

"I did it!" I yell as we get outside "What?" Shoupe questions "I did it, it wasn't Pope it was all me" I tell him and Shoupe didn't believe me.

"Marigold stop" I hear JJ say.

"It couldn't have been you. The security tape showed a tall male" Shoupe tells me "Shit" I mumble.

"I-" "It was me" JJ spoke up stepping in front of me.

"JJ don't" I warn him "He tried to talk me out of it but I was mad because he had just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that I lost my shit" why did JJ leave me out of the story. "I can't let you take the blame for something I did. You've got too much to loose" JJ tells Pope.

I grab JJ's arm and I tug on his arm.

He looks back at me with a soft expression "I'll be ok princess" he tells me "JJ stop now while you're ahead" I tell him he shakes his head "I'm sorry"

"JJ what are you doing?" Pope questions he wants to take the punishment he was the one who did it. No matter how many times I asked JJ to stop he wouldn't. He will do anything for his friends.

"I'm telling the truth" JJ says "For once in my goddamn life I'm telling the truth. I took his old mans boat too" he adds.

"Dumbass" I mumble he didn't have to do this it wasn't his fault but I knew he wouldn't stop.

"What the hell?" Heyward asks JJ gulps. Pope tries time interrupt him.

"Just shut up Pope. Just shut up" JJ tells him "He's a good kid, you know where I'm from" JJ says to Shoupe.

"Yeah" Shoupe nods "This was all me" JJ fake confesses "That's the whole truth?" Shoupe questions Pope.

"Whole truth swear to god" The cop whips around and gives JJ a dirty look "I know what you think, damn it. I'm asking Pope here" Shoupe tell JJ.

Pope and JJ stare at each other for a second then Pope nods.

"Yeah that's about covers it" Shoupe nods and takes the hands cuffs off of Pope putting them on JJ. My heart breaks at the sight. His dad was going to kill him.

The car pulls out and Pope slams his hat on the ground. I grab Kie's hand for comfort. We are all upset right now.

He storms out with Kie and I following him.

A/N: what is your favorite tv show besides OBX??