I'm on a secret government mission

I had a shift at the hotel today. Since this whole treasure hunt thing started every day is a bad day.

I keep thinking back to last night. Why was I seeing my best friends face on the face of my date. Did I want to be with JJ? Like did I seriously want to be with JJ?

I open the door to the next hotel room that I'm cleaning. There was food all over the beds and beer bottles on the floor. The people who were in this room checked out this morning thank god.

I knew that after I cleaned this room it was my lunch break.

In the middle of me cleaning my manager came into the room.

"Hey Marigold" she says grabbing my attention "Hey Courtney what's up?" I ask "There's someone waiting for you in lobby" she tells me "Ok thank you can you tell them I'll be out in a couple of minutes I just have to finish up this room really quick" I tell her and she nods then walks off.

Kie must be waiting for me in the lobby she would usually come and visit me during my lunch break.

Once I finish the room I go into the bathroom and adjust my hair making sure I didn't look like how I felt.

I put the cleaning cart in the back room and walk into the lobby. I look around and don't see anyone.

"That's not creepy at all" I mumble I jump when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I whip around and see JJ.

"Oh my god!" I say happily and give him a bear hug. "Hi Goldie" he chuckles "You scared the shot out of me asshat" I tell him hugging him he chuckles.

We sat there in silence for a minute just hugging each other.

"What happened? How did you get out?" I ask him "My dad came and got me" he says I let go of the hug. I look at his face and notice some cuts and bruises.

"Awe baby" I say frowning I reach my hand up to his face and rub my thumb over a cut on his cheek, he winces.

I get on my tippy toes and place a small kiss on his nose and he smiles.

"Let's go we have to get your brother" He tells me gently removing my hand from his face. "Ok hold up I need to tell Courtney that I'm leaving. I'll be right back" I tell him "Can I come?" He asks.

"Um sure just don't talk" I tell him and he nods.

I grab JJ's hand and walk him to the back.

"Stay here" I tell him at the entrance of my managers office.

"Hey Court I have a question?" I say nicely she looks up at me signaling for me to go on. "Can I possibly get off early? I promise I will work an extra day next week. Pretty please" I beg she looks behind me and at JJ who is leaned up against the door frame.

"You hanging out with your boyfriend?" She asks pointing to JJ who wasn't paying attention "Um yeah, my boyfriend" I tell her smiling.

"Ok kiddo have fun and be safe. Don't worry about working an extra day next week you'll get full pay for today" she tells me and I smile really big "Thank you Court I owe you one" I tell her I grab JJ's hand and drag him out of the hotel.

"If Courtney asks you're my boyfriend" I tell him on our walk to the chateau "Woah at least take me to dinner first" he jokes "Shut up JJ" I say and smack his shoulder.