I may or may not commit arson

For the first few months my dad had disappeared I thought he was alive but as more and more people pushed the idea into my head that there was no chance I started to believe them.

After his death I had changed. I stopped showing my emotions as often and I started to sneak out more and distract myself with hooking up and party's. Even I could tell it changed me.

When I saw the compass I felt a glimmer of hope. Maybe this wasn't just a wild goose chase my crazy brother had sent us on. Maybe dad was alive and maybe everything is going to go back to normal.

Even though I wanted to believe John I knew I still had to be realistic. At this moment it's kind of hard to find that line between fantasy and reality.

John B fell asleep on the couch and at this very moment I'm again playing guitar.

"DCS! I know you're in there!" Someone screamed banging on the door. I jump nearly chucking my guitar across the room and see JJ at the window.

"Gotcha slick" he says to John B "Asshat" I say setting my guitar down and I unlock the door letting JJ into the house.

"Oh come on you know you love me" he says holding his arms out for me to guys him "Do I JJ? Do I really?" I question walking into the kitchen with him following me.

"Yes you do because you told me you did" he says "I don't remember saying that" I say with a smirk grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Oh really you don't remember?" He asks and clears his throat "you know I love you right, J?" He asks in a super high pitches voice trying to mimic mine.

"First off I don't sound like that. That's what you sounded like before your balls dropped and second wow JJ using my own words against me that's cruel" I tell him taking a sip of my water.

"Come on guys let's go!"

****

"I'm just saying I don't know why you don't at least try with Kiara, she clearly likes you" "She's all like 'oh John B'" JJ mimics Kiara and fake moans.

I chuckle at the boys conversation. John B was driving JJ was passenger and I was stuck in the back by myself.

"Oh is that what she does?" My brother questions "First she's worried about you diving and then she kisses you!" JJ exclaims.

"She kisses me on the cheek it's not like we were making out" John B points out. Wait....I kiss JJ on the cheek all the time and he does it to me. Does that mean? Nah....it couldn't mean that. Right?

"I know you like it bro, you're like 'I kinda like that' and you start blushing and shit" JJ go on and I chuckle "I don't blush" John B tells JJ.

"That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard" I tell him laughing "Oh you wanna talk about blushing Goldie?" He questions.

I roll my eyes "What are you talking about?" I ask he makes eye contact with me through the rear view mirror. "You two" he motions between JJ and I.

I make the 'What tf are you talking about?' face. "Don't make that face at me you guys are always flirting" John B tells us.

I let out a cackle "Johnny, JJ and I are just friends. We have been like that since we met. Also I'm a hoe by nature so I flirt with everyone" I shrug.

"Stop calling yourself that" JJ tells me "What? It's true. You know it. I know it. Everyone on the damn island knows it" I chuckle.

"but 'just friends' don't act the way you two do. JJ is always telling me to swoop on Kiara but yet he doesn't do anything with you" John B says ignoring JJ and I's small argument.