Let me sleep its been a long day

"Whoa goldie. What the hell happened to you?" John B questions as I enter the house.

"I just got in a fight" I shrug walking past him and into my room. "With who a bear?" He asks following me.

"Something like that" I mumble "No but in all seriousness she was just a tourist who needed to be put in her place" I lie.

I knew if John B found out that it was Rafe and Topper he would obliterate them and I didn't need more drama in my life.

"Do you want me to help you get cleaned up? Do you need ice? A hospital?" He questions he has always been a bit overprotective "Nah I'm good. JJ and Pope helped me clean up thanks though. Love you" I say as I'm about to shit my bedroom door.

"Love you too"

****

"You really think it's out there? No bullshit?" Pope asks as I cuddle up to JJ in our hammock. Kie had her own then John B and Pope are sitting in chairs.

"Our dad thought it was" John B says "But do you?" Pope presses "After hearing his voice on that tape......I think I do" John B says.

"Only one way to find out" then Pope and John B do their handshake.

"Look we're going to find it ya know" Kie says swinging back and forth on her hammock. "Even JJ and Goldie believe"  she adds "Eh" I say sitting up slightly at the mention of my name only for JJ to pull me back down and start playing with my hair.

He's barely left my side since the whole Rafe and Topper incident earlier.

"Oh my god JJ. Do you really believe?" John B asks sarcastically. "Totally. Wait, are we talking about four mil?" JJ questions running his fingers through my hair.

"Four hundred mill" Kie and Pope say at the same time "Jinx" Kie says smiling.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks" JJ says into my hair. "Night bird!" He says to John B "Night bird shit!" He adds.

I chuckle at his comment.

"Night Scooby gang" I say and JJ chuckles.

"You comfortable Goldie?" JJ whispers to me "Mmhm now shut up and let me sleep it's been a long day"

****

I wake up at sometime in the night. I don't bother to check the time because I'm too lazy.

Somehow we all ended up back in the house and now I'm laying in bed with JJ. He's facing away from me.

I slowly get out of bed making sure not to wake him.

I slip on my flip flops and debate on which way I should leave. The screen door or the window.

I optimally decide the screen door because I didn't want to risk waking JJ up.

I tip toe out of my room and through the living room where Pope was sleeping on the pull out and Kie was sleeping on the couch in the sunroom.

I quietly open the door and shut it as quietly as I can.

Once I finally exit the sun room I walk castle to the beach. I needed to think.

Once I get to the beach I take my hoodie off because of the humidity getting to me.

I remove my shoes and sink my toes in the sand while hugging my knees.

I had to think about the gravity of the situation. What I told Pope on our grocery run and how I couldn't answer the question.

Did I truly have feelings for JJ? My best friend since third grade. I didn't want to. I liked what we had. How we could be ourselves around each other and not let any feeling interfere because we don't have any.

Maybe this was just one of my tiny crushes. Like you know how sometimes you will have a tiny crush on someone that lasts like a week or two. Maybe it's just that. Hopefully it's just that.

My thoughts are being interrupted by someone running down the beach. Yay a murderer!

I continue basking in my thoughts until I recognize the voice of the person.

"Hey beautiful" It was Luke "Hey Luke. What are you doing up so early?" I ask looking up at him and he's shirtless. Nothing I haven't seen before.

"Just on my morning run what about you?" He questions sitting next to me.

"Basking in my thoughts nothing new" I give him a small smile. "Whatcha thinking about pretty girl?" He asks turning his head to look at me.

"It's nothing just a bit stressed over things in life. Like work and all that" I lie he doesn't really care about my problems.

"Awe I'm sorry Marigold. Maybe I can take some stuff off your mind if you go on a date with me?" He asks and I smile at him "Who can say no to you?" I ask with a big grin on my face.

This is exactly what I need to get over my feelings for my best friend.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a bit short :))

Question of the chapter

What do you think is going to happen on Marigold and Luke's date??

It would be interesting to hear your theories!!