Don't ask me complicated questions

"Get straight back here when you're done. No fishing" Heyward says to JJ, Pope and I. Mainly JJ. We were helping deliver groceries for figure eight because they don't have the will power to do it themselves.

"I promised delivery by this afternoon. Rich folks don't wanna wait around for you lazy sons of-" JJ reaches out grabbing the bags from Pope's dad.

"Thank you, JJ. -son of bitches" Heyward finishes "I'll make sure they won't fuc- I mean mess up sir" I tell Heyward with a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure you will" Heyward chuckles.

I help load the groceries on to the boat. I get the weird feeling that someone is watching me buy every time I look it's nothing.

Once we are finally finished getting everything on the boat we drive to figure eight.

"It doesn't even look like the storm hit here" Pope says I scoff looking at figure eight as we drive through it.

"That's because they have generators bro. Get used to it" JJ says annoyed.

"I hate rich people. The only thing they're good for is- actually they aren't good at that either" I say JJ tilts his head not knowing what I'm referring to them he understands.

"Lucky bastards"

****

"Can I be honest with you?" I questions Pope "Aren't we always?" He asks and I chuckle as we walk the trail on the golf course leaving JJ to attend to other deliveries.

"I don't know what's going on but like I think JJ's starting to act weird around me or I'm being weird around him. I just I don't know" I confess.

"Like What is he doing?" Pope asks I adjust my bag on my wrist "Like the other day when we were dancing he said 'only for you goldie'" I mimic JJ.

"Normally when he says stuff like that I know he's joking but this time I wasn't sure and oh my god I can't believe I'm saying this out loud. But some part of me in the waaaaaay back of my mind wanted him to mean it" I say and Pope smiles.

"Do you like JJ?" He questions smirking as we get closer to the club seeing people golfing in the distance "Ew no. No way.Maybe. Ugh I don't know. Don't ask me complicated questions" I say and he chuckles.

Rafe and Topper come into our view as we continue our conversation normally.

Soon we realize that they are staring at us like we killed their purebred cat.

We put our heads down trying and wanting to avoid conflict.

Soon Rafe steps out in front of us.

"Shit" I mumble I raise my head to look up at him. I give him a small smile.

"What's up?" He speaks harshly Topper joining beside him "Hey" I say as nicely as possible. Please let this just be a dream.

He points his golf club towards the 24 pack of beers I was holding.

"How much for one of those beers?" He questions I knew what was going to happen so I decided to drop the nice act.

""They aren't for sale" I tell him looking him right in the eyes.

Pope steps in front of me knowing John B would kill Rafe and Topper if they hurt me.

We try pushing through the boys but Rafe pushes us back making me stumble a bit.

"Oh wait wait wait. You and your little boyfriend can give us one right?" Rafe asks me.

I step so I'm sitting next to Pope instead of behind him. Pope swings his arm in front me like a parent does when their kid is sitting in the front seat and they hit the breaks too hard.