Is that a challenge or a promise?

I wake up in a hospital room I immediately shoot up.

I look down and see I'm still in my clothes from last night. I don't remember how I got here.

The last thing I remember is having a panic attack and I was hyperventilating then I blacked out

John B

I try to get up but I stand up too fast and the blood rushing to my head.

"Woah take it easy kiddo, you don't want to hurt yourself" I hear a familiar voice say I look in the doorway and see Ward Cameron standing there.

"Ward?" I ask "Hello Marigold it's been a long time. You've grown up so fast" he tells me and I give him a small smile.

"Yeah it has. Um what happened last night and where am I?" I ask and Sarah pops in next to "St. Olives" Sarah replies.

I didn't have the energy to be a bitch to her right now.

"You we're having a panic attack then you passed out and we took you and John B here" she tells me.

"Where is he?" I question and the pair takes me down the hall to my brothers hospital room.

"John B!" I say happily and attack my brother in a hug.

"Hey Goldie" he mumbles hugging me back with his unbroken arm.

"That cast his cool" I tell him after we both let go.

His eyes widen "We gotta get out of here" he tries lifting himself up. "dcs is going to find us-"

"Oh shit you're right" I say attempting to help John B sit up.

"Hang on hang on" Ward says and we both look at him.

"Sarah told me everything about your little adventure, about you two running from dcs" My eyes widen. I knew we couldn't trust her.

"About how you were protecting her in the tower" Ward says looking at John B.

Sarah gives him a big smile and John B smiles back which kinda made me want to throw up.

"John B I believe I owe you an apology. You were honest to me about a small indiscretion, and I went ahead and fired you anyways. And I shouldn't have" Ward apologizes

"Unfortunately from time to time I have a bit of a uhm short fuse. You can ask her" Ward adds pointing to Sarah.

"It's true"

"Anyway I'd like to make it up to you if you'd let me" he tells John b.

We love being excluded.

"You too Marigold" he says to me and I give a small smile.

"I spoke with sheriff peterkins and I've offered to your guys' legal guardian if you'd let me" Ward smiles.

"It'd mean a roof over your head and no more running from DCS" he adds.

"It's your call. I still want to stay at the chateau tho" I whisper to John b and he nods.

I knew what he was thinking. Living with his girlfriend. In his world that's perfect.

"We will on one condition" John b speaks up "I want to keep living at the chateau because it's the only home I've ever known and I don't really feel comfortable living somewhere else" I tell him.

"I'm sure we can work something out" Ward smiles at me "Thank you sir" I say happily.

I look back at John b.

"I'm gonna go see JJ, I'll catch you later"

****

As I walk towards the chateau I can see JJ chilling on the couch but he wasn't chilling. He actually looked kind of stressed out.

I open the door "Hey bitches I'm home!" I say happily as I walk in.

JJ's face lights up and he tackles me into the ground hugging me.

"You're still not the top bubbas and you're squishing my organs" I groan.

"I was so worried about you" he says still hugging me "I love you the most I truly do but you are crushing every single bone in my body" I groan.

"Oh sorry" we both stand up and he hugs me tightly again.

We just stand there hugging for a while.

"I have to get to work. Drive me?" I ask smiling "of course" he replies.

I get ready for work quickly and I hop on the back of JJ's bike so he can drive me to work.

As we pull up Courtney is outside smoking a cigarette.

"Hi court" I greet as I hand JJ his helmet and get off of his bike.

She puts the cigarette out and walks towards us.

"This is your boyfriend right?" She asks looking at JJ but talking to me.

"Yeah" I reply "Hi I'm Courtney, it's nice to meet you" she greets happily "JJ" he replies and they shake hands.

"Thanks for the ride babe" I say happily just as I'm about to walk away JJ says something the has me SHOOK TO THE CORE.

"What no kiss?" He asks I whip around "oh yeah I forgot must've slipped my mind" I say casually.

I walk towards put my hands on his face and put my lips on his.

I can feel him smile as our lips connect.

It was like magic. I've never felt like this when I kissed anyone and trust me I kiss a lot of people.

We pull apart for air.

"You're in deep shit JJ" I whisper angrily in his ear. Though I enjoyed the kiss. Maybe a bit too much JJ knew better then to pull shit like that.

"Is that a challenge or a promise"