You're a shit liar

"Never felt like this befoorrrre, are we friends or are we mooorrrre. As I'm walking out the dooor I'm not sure" I sing as John B continues carrying me on his back.

"Oh my god, Goldie shut up!" John B groans "What why? I'm providing entertainment. Which is family friendly might I add" I tell him.

"Entertainment for who? My busted ear drums?" John B asks "I'm an amazing singer you're just jealous" I joke.

"You sound like nails on a chalk board" JJ says "Wooooooow JJ, I thought you were on my side" I scold him "Sorry goldie I'm just telling the truth"

****

"Hey guys so like my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asks as I warm my hands with the fire in front of us.

John B does finger guns at JJ and I.

"Mine as well tell them already" JJ says and I nod in agreement.

"You ready for this?" John B asks the group.

"So the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant" John B tells us "Oh my god. Here we go again with this" Pope says with attitude.

"Wait alright? Hear him out" JJ tells Pope "Yeah give him a chance Popey" I give Pope a toothy grin and he rolls his eyes.

"It's been here the whole time" John B says putting his finger up to his lips. "It's on the island" he adds.

"Are you serious?" Kie asks "I'd like to voice my skepticism" Pope says.

"I'm sure you would Pope but can I please present you with my evidence sir?" John B walks over to his backpack "Proceed" Pope says wanting to hear if John B was bullshitting.

"Alright so in my backpack" the backpack unzips and John B pulls out a piece of paper "I have a letter from Denmark Tanny" he says holding up the letter.

"Who's that?"

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck. Check this out" John B says then hands the letter to Kiara.

"Okay so, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad he found the complete manifest. That was his big discovery. So Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom" he tells us.

Kiara then hands the letter to JJ and I so we can look at it.

"After that he bought his farm. Drumroll
please" John B says as we all start patting our knees "Because that farm is.........Tannyhill plantation" he announces "Tannyhill" Kiara asks in disbelief.

"Yeah. So, after that he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit ton of rice which pisses off the white planters and then they decide to lynch him." I reach over JJ and hand the letter to Pope.

"So on the day they were going to get him he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter there is a coded message about where to find the gold" John B says I look at Kie and we both smile.

"Where?" She asks "Harvest the wheat in parcel nine near the water. Except there is no wheat" he says then walks over to Pope "Wheat is code for gold, check this out" John B grabs the letter.