Death just grazed my ankle

"Hey John B when are we leaving bec-" I see him burning some of my dads stuff.

"Woah woah what the hell are you doing?" I question trying to get the stuff out of his hands "We have to move on" he tells me not even looking at me.

"John B stop!" I yell taking the stuff out of his hands and putting out the fire.

"Hey look at me" I put my hands on both sides of his face "I know we have to move on ok? But this isn't the right way to do it. This will only make you mad at yourself in the future" I tell him.

He just hugs me and I hug him back.

"I love you" I tell him rubbing his back "I love you too"

****

I walk into the wreck to get Kiara.

I see her coming back from serving tables "Hey babe" I say smiling and hugging her "You ready to go?" I question "I don't want to" she mumbles.

"Oh ok are you sure?" I question "Yeah I'm just not feeling up to it" she confesses "Ok I love you and I'll spill all the tea to you later" I tell her smiling "I love you too"

I walk out of the wreck "She's not coming!" I yell to the boys.

"What'd you do to her John B?" JJ jokes and my brother start cursing under his breath. "Hang on I'll death with it" John B mumbles exiting the van.

"Love that for him" I mumble crawling into the van and sitting next to JJ.

I exhale louder than I wanted to "You good goldie?" Pope asks "Yeah I was just breathing bro" I tell him with a chuckle.

The other two enter the van and I watch the sunset as we drive to wherever the hell John B is taking us.

"You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just going to lay low" JJ says holding a blunt in between his fingers he looks towards Pope and I.

"Oh did you want a hit of this?" JJ questions his eyes a slight hint of red. Pope looks at the blunt like it's a disease "I keep the signal clear" Pope says.

"Sure. Tis been a stressful day" I express in an old English accent. He hands me the joint then JJ and I continue trading off until it is nearly gone.

I feel definitely more than buzzed and I could go for some cheese pizza right now.

"Look I know I was wrong about the lighthouse and wrong about everything else going on" John B expresses "That seems to be a reoccurring thing with you. Yeah?" I question with a chuckle.

"But I was right about one thing. Okay? Our dad is trying to tell us something" he tells me locking eyes with me in the rear view mirror.

****
We arrive at a graveyard which is very creepy and me being high was not helping my paranoia.

"Why are we here? Are we sacrificing someone? If so can it be me?" I ask as we walk to the entrance.

"If we were gonna sacrifice anyone it would be Pope" JJ tells me and I giggle "Don't worry Pope I'll protect you" I joke.

I grab JJ's hand as the vibe becomes more eerie.

"This place is scary. John B what are we doing here?" Kie asks and John B shushes her.

"Rude" I mumble I look at JJ who isn't paying attention to me.

"You know how you're trying to remember a song and can't remember who sings it?" My brother questions.

"So Redfield. This whole time I thought it was a place right? But it's not a place it's a person" He adds as we come up to our great grandmothers grave.

"Voi-effing-la" JJ chuckles looking at the grave stone.

"Our Great, great grandma was named Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name" I inform the group pointing to the headstone.

"Help me with the door.Come on" John B instructed the boys. As they attempt to open the door I stand next to Kiara.

"I want pizza" I mumble shifting back and forth from my toes to my heels.

I feel something slither against my ankle then I hear a hiss. I look down and see a snake. I scream and jump onto Kiara wrapping my legs around her waist. Death just grazed my ankle. I hold on to her for dear life and she holds me up.

"A snake! Your old Dr.Cotton" JJ comments "Death in tall grass" he adds then he starts barking at the snake.

Once the snake I was gone I get off of Kiara.

"J, honey, don't bark at the snake" I tell him "They're afraid of dogs, everyone knows that" I roll my eyes and walk towards him.

"Wait hold on" JJ says as the boys continue trying to push the door open "Hm?" I hum looking up at him.

"If there's one, there's probably dozens" he points out "Actually doe doe here has a good point" I add and JJ goes to smack my arm.

I give him the 'try me bitch' look and he just slips his hand back into his pocket.

He starts barking at the snakes again "Stop barking at the snakes!" John B whisper yells.

"We're not getting in there it's not going to get in there, alright. It's not budging"

"Kie and I can fit through that hole up there" I tell the group pouting at the hole.

"What?" John B questions looking between Kie and I. "No, no, no, no. You guys think you're gonna fit through that hole?" He asks.

"This is about dad. And if I'm being honest I think this is complete and utter bullshit but you deserve the truth. We can do it" I tell my brother.

Kie and I move the vines down for easier access. Haha that's what she said.

"I'm gonna boost you, alright. I've seen it in the movies several times. Ready?" JJ says kneeling down and holding his palm out for us to step on.

He boosts Kie up then it was my turn.

I reach up and grip onto the edge of the entrance so I can hop in once JJ boosts me up.

"Ready goldie?" He questions "Just boost me up JJ" I say rolling my eyes "Bossy" he mumbles then he boosts me up.

I join Kie. She asks for the flashlight as we look around the hole.

I hear some rustling coming from where Kie is standing. I see her pull out a white Fed Ex package.

"What's that?" I ask her I walk over to her and look over her shoulder

"Oh my god"

A/N: Heyy! Ok question of the chapter

What do you guys think of the book so far?

I love you guys❤️❤️